PDA

View Full Version : is he stealing, and can i resteal?

Aschweinsteiger
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($48.40)
Button ($30.60)
SB ($135.70)
BB ($83.20)
UTG ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($10.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($10.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $14.75

I expect these low stakes donks to call my flop cont. bet here about 75% of the time. What i dont understand is that these kind of hands play the exact same way EVERY SINGLE TIME! I raise preflop and get called. I c-bet a dry, non-action flop and get called. I check the turn when a blank that doesnt pair my over cards hits and my opponent checks behind. Then if i still dont pair up or make a ahdn on the river i cehck again, and my opponent makes a weakish bet thats just slightly bigger than my flop bet. Im thinking that theres a strong possibilty that he has the same kind of hand as me or a small pocket pair. But if he doesnt have A high or a small pair, then why not check it down cause those hands have showdown value. I dont understand why players value bet hands like 44 and AJ here? Anyay back to the hand. Is calling this possibly in any way +ev? Can i raise here considering his stack size and the chance that hell fold? And in this common situation, do i c-bet the turn or bet the river?

Vyse
03-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Don't play OOP, lawl.

Obv not an option in this hand, but yeah.

Because they suck? I only look this up vs a LAGtard villain I've run into before. AK is not the nuts, and does not deserve to win every hand.

If this keeps happening with the same villain, double barrel or delay cbet.

losingdonkey
03-05-2007, 09:45 PM
calling or raising the river would take a really strong read. I fold here 95 percent of the time.

corsakh
03-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Stop thinking of your opponents as donks can be a good start. There are always better spots to spend $4.

Aschweinsteiger
03-05-2007, 10:15 PM
What i dont understand is that these kind of hands play the exact same way EVERY SINGLE TIME! I raise preflop and get called. I c-bet a dry, non-action flop and get called. I check the turn when a blank that doesnt pair my over cards hits and my opponent checks behind. Then if i still dont pair up or make a ahdn on the river i cehck again, and my opponent makes a weakish bet thats just slightly bigger than my flop bet. Im thinking that theres a strong possibilty that he has the same kind of hand as me or a small pocket pair. But if he doesnt have A high or a small pair, then why not check it down cause those hands have showdown value. I dont understand why players value bet hands like 44 and AJ here?

A comment on this would be nice

corsakh
03-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Because they can. This is the reason I am playing poker. Chill /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bats
03-05-2007, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What i dont understand is that these kind of hands play the exact same way EVERY SINGLE TIME!.... I dont understand why players value bet hands like 44 and AJ here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't happen this way "EVERY SINGLE TIME" time. But if the villain had a small pair, that's a very reasonable way to play it. You've shown no aggression after the flop bet. It's reasonable for him to assume you've missed whatever you were hoping to get. So he'll make the small bet expecting to win a little or at least not lose a lot. Quit falling in love with AK.

Mal_Pais
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What i dont understand is that these kind of hands play the exact same way EVERY SINGLE TIME!.... I dont understand why players value bet hands like 44 and AJ here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't happen this way "EVERY SINGLE TIME" time. But if the villain had a small pair, that's a very reasonable way to play it. You've shown no aggression after the flop bet. It's reasonable for him to assume you've missed whatever you were hoping to get. So he'll make the small bet expecting to win a little or at least not lose a lot. Quit falling in love with AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post, Bats. OP, say Villian has 88. He's expecting a c-bet out of you on the flop. You bet, he calls. You shut down on the turn. He checks behind. The river brings a 3 that most likely doesn't improve your hand. To him, you still look like you're holding whiffed overs. A check-raise by you here is a hard sell.