PDA

View Full Version : NL50 66 bet this?

OrBit
03-05-2007, 09:05 PM
This really confused me, I was unsure about betting the flop as I was pretty confused on how he could have 3 bet without a large pair, unless he had AK. I wasn't really abusing the button, and his numbers were 36/14/5.

I'm pretty embarrassed about this one. I couldn't call the river bet because it looked like it was begging to be called, too small for a bluff. Do we think this was AcKc? A bluff with AK? or a slowplayed TT maybe, throwing out a little blocking bet on the river? I figured anything he would bet the river like that would have me beat.

Should I have potted the flop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($58.35)
SB ($51.50)
BB ($51.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($11.50) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($11.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

River: ($25.50) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $33

Vyse
03-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Wtf are you doing? Horrible hand.

If you're not going to cbet the flop, fold to any bet. His pussy raise is likely a nice hand -- donk train of thought. cbet to take the pot away and if called shut down, or decide it's only for set value and fold to anything. turn call is horrible -- a raise he won't believe and likely won't fold, putting you in a horrible spot, and you can't call with 66 wtf?

least you folded the river.

OrBit
03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah good point, that was pretty damn ugly...

i guess i was just hoping he slowed down on the flop cause of a somewhat scary board for his AK, then tried to take it on the turn with half a pot bet, and I would get a free showdown.