PDA

View Full Version : 9/18 KK

jason_t
02-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Relaxing at Commerce 9/18 tonight.

Tilting drunk guy opens in EP, I 3-bet with KK, everyone clears, he 4-bets and I 5-bet.

Flop: KKQ.
He checks, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6-bets. I see that he has about 6 BB left in his stack and I'm going to go for it all on the turn.

Turn: A
He sighs, says "nice hand pocket aces, be sure to tip the dealer" and check/calls.

River: 3
He checks and calls "show your aces and tip the dealer you lucky bastard."

I table my KK, he shows QQ and flings the cards at the dealer.

Worst turn card ever.

Victor
02-12-2006, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he 6-bets. I see that he has about 6 BB left in his stack and I'm going to go for it all on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? it seems likes he is more than willing to put it all in now.

jason_t
02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he 6-bets. I see that he has about 6 BB left in his stack and I'm going to go for it all on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? it seems likes he is more than willing to put it all in now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it was dumb. I got too greedy. Any other turn card and I would have had it all.

surfinillini
02-12-2006, 01:39 PM
why does it always seem I'm the guy with QQ in that situation.

Stuff like that never happens to me.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssmallz
02-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Its too bad another Q didnt hit b/c theres a bad beat jackpot at those hands. He can possibly fold his hand there on the turn even if you table your KK for just that reason. Its +EV for him to call down based on the jackpot.

StepBangin
02-12-2006, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I table my KK, he shows QQ and flings the cards at the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was drunk, you shoulda slow rolled...I woulda showed one king and said "Nice Read"...Then woulda seen what he did...then table the KK and watch his drunkass get pissed!!

BTW, I have never slow rolled, but I woulda here!

StepBangin
02-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh man...Or I woulda said "How'd you know I had ACES?", then if he mucks his QQ, I would just showed one King and mucked the ohter. LOL

BoxTree
02-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Somebody else mentioned this in another thread, but it's certainly more apropos here:

You suck at BBV.

SNOWBALL
02-12-2006, 08:33 PM
reraise the flop. He's drunk. After 6 bets there's no way he is slowing down. He's drunk.

jason_t
02-12-2006, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reraise the flop. He's drunk. After 6 bets there's no way he is slowing down. He's drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO COMMENT ON THE LAMENESS OF THE TURN CARD NOT ON THE STUPIDITY OF MY DECISIONS.

SNOWBALL
02-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Once drunk dudes get into raising wars they don't slow down. I remember this one drunk dude went six bets with me on the river with a one card stra8 on a paired board. I was the one that stopped the raising because I was starting to get worried about a higher full house.

toss
02-12-2006, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO COMMENT ON THE LAMENESS OF THE TURN CARD NOT ON THE STUPIDITY OF MY DECISIONS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down private- I mean jason_t!

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Justin A
02-12-2006, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're completely right. And that turn card is ridiculous. You should be the one flinging your cards at the dealer.

GetThere1Time
02-12-2006, 10:33 PM
When he was talking about your aces maybe you should have flipped over a K?

klepto
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
play 40-80.

keikiwai
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
The problem with flipping over 1 King, is that one King kicks the crap out of him....

Just a thought...

AND that turn card sucked... you should have asked the dealer to take it back and put a Q down... I wonder if both of you agree, could this be done?

GetThere1Time
02-12-2006, 10:57 PM
1 king just meanas trips. drunk guy flopped queens full. he might fall for it /shrug

JoshuaD
02-12-2006, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AND that turn card sucked... you should have asked the dealer to take it back and put a Q down... I wonder if both of you agree, could this be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wondering if the house is going to be alright with the players agreeing to change the deal of the cards so they hit the Bad beat jackpot?

keikiwai
02-12-2006, 11:32 PM
ok ok, wouldn't work... unless the dealer was drunk too...

edge
02-12-2006, 11:38 PM
9/18 sounds like a really stupid limit. I hope it's played with whites.

jason_t
02-12-2006, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sponger.
02-13-2006, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$3 chips

Commerce has every limit imaginable.

edge
02-13-2006, 01:40 AM
By whites, I meant $1 chips. I realize they are blue in some places. Anyway, if a limit as dumb at 9/18 is being spread, I hope there is enough decency to make sure that only $1 chips play, because then it will be an awesome limit.

jason_t
02-13-2006, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By whites, I meant $1 chips. I realize they are blue in some places. Anyway, if a limit as dumb at 9/18 is being spread, I hope there is enough decency to make sure that only $1 chips play, because then it will be an awesome limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so dumb about 9/18?

BoxTree
02-13-2006, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 + 1 drop is dumb.

And the fact that you can make more two-tabling 5/10 short at Party than you can playing 9/18 at Commerce.

jason_t
02-13-2006, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 + 1 drop is dumb.

And the fact that you can make more two-tabling 5/10 short at Party than you can playing 9/18 at Commerce.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a retarded reply for several reasons.

First his statement was that the limit is dumb. Your response wasn't directed at that at all.

Second that game is beatable with that drop. It's not close.

Third who cares if you can make more money playing 5/10 6-max. Sometimes people play live because it's fun, or to be with friends that also play. Or maybe just to get out of the house and away from the computer for a few hours.

BoxTree
02-13-2006, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 + 1 drop is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a retarded reply for several reasons.

First his statement was that the limit is dumb. Your response wasn't directed at that at all.

Second that game is beatable with that drop. It's not close.

Third who cares if you can make more money playing 5/10 6-max. Sometimes people play live because it's fun, or to be with friends that also play. Or maybe just to get out of the house and away from the computer for a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason.

Jason, Jason, Jason.

I'm a live player. I spent many months at 9/18. It is a fantastic game.

This is BBV. Did you forget? My points are still true (4 + 1 does suck, but the game is certainly beatable but not for as much as 5/10 6m), but my points are ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT. Because this is BBV.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
02-13-2006, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rosa and martin didnt fight for that long and that hard so they could be excluded from poker games

everyone deserves to be treated as an equal at the poker table. thats whats so great about the game.

please take this wanton racism elsewhere. <font color="white"> yes im joking =P </font>

BoxTree
02-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Dude, keep this up and you're going to get my vote for Moderator. (Nice post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif)