PDA

View Full Version : i think i was on temorary tilt and made what is a horrible call down

Aschweinsteiger
03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I dont have any comments about the villan in this hand. All i know is i was sidetracked and made a call down that i usually would not make.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($90.50)
SB :#A500AF(villan)/ ($137.05)
BB ($62.95)
UTG ($51)
MP ($100.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(villan)/ raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($7.50) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villan bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($15.50) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($23.50) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $31.50

The min-raise was annoying and i decided to call it on the button and play my hand as a suited connector and fold to a pot sized bet if the flop came Axx. After the flop i was hesitant to fold my top pair worst possible kicker. I thought that there was a chance that he had something like KK, or QQ so i called the 4$ on the flop with the intention of folding against a big bet on the turn. What really threw me off was that he made the same size bet on the turn. It didnt made much sense to me so i called that too. Then on the river he made the same weak bet again and i couldnt resist calling him down and seeing his hand with the given pot odds. I know i made a bad play here and i would routinely fodl this hand on the flop. Please tell me where i went wrong and how i shouldve played this throughout every street.

Supwithbates
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
i do the same thing every once in a while
its a leak longterm, he has you beat 3x for every time you're good

fold to the minraise preflop
fold the flop
fold the turn
call the river since you made it that far

Vyse
03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
lolololol plz fold fold fold and fold again

Aschweinsteiger
03-05-2007, 08:43 PM
he had AK lol i knew i was on tilt this hand. I FORCED MYESLF TO CALL. WHAT AN IDIOT!

BobAllinSki
03-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Preflop is fine, there is a reason why min raising is completely stupid and thats because you price in hands like Axs, but your not playing for a pair. The flop is pretty easy to fold unless you know he is aggro, on the turn I'd also get away as allthough the bet is small you will usually face another one, often a bit larger so its a fairly straightforward lay down. Once you get to the river you have to call.

Dont beat yourself up about it to much though, its -EV but you will see QQ etc here often enough to not make it to bad given the odds he offered you.

LOwrestling2001
03-05-2007, 09:03 PM
i'm pretty sure QQ isn't 3 barreling this board. the flop call isn't horrible (but i'm probably folding the flop also), but i'm done if i have to face a turn bet.

Zagga
03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
hm, tbh I wonder if this is really bad played. I call PF minraises with a suited ace quite often to see if I can hit a flushdraw or top pair against JJ-KK. Flop could also be an easy call since he can easilly do the same with TT, QQ, KK witch are definatly in his range I would say. Turn could also be done with QQ-KK and you get great odds for calling with top pair.

River is a definite call. you came so far and its 6-1 to call.

Vyse
03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
this is one of those hands where the pot odds = excuse to turn into a calling station at the wrong time

thejesterj
03-05-2007, 09:21 PM
It was possible he just thought you were stealing on the button and reraised pretty loosely, assuming you would fold (although he obviously didn't put in a big enough raise for that, but he might not have known that). But once you called his bet after the flop, he probably would not have bet out on the turn if he didn't have the ace.

Would anyone have considered raising after the flop, in case villain was just c-betting, so you could find out where you stood right then? I think you know where you stand when he bets out again on the turn, and that is a cheaper option, but just a thought.

corsakh
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Its ok. He could easily have KK, QQ or KQ. Even TT. For this price it was more that worth it. If you sum up all the bets, you will see you have only called one street /images/graemlins/smile.gif

barryc83
03-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I really dont think this is too terrible bc he will have QQ/KK a lot from my experience. If he bets the turn hard, you have to fold though, unless you have reads that hes tilting or over aggro. Make a note that he min RR pf with AK.

beijingbobby
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM
This is a mistake lots of people make, including myself sometimes.You mentioned that his min reraise and bet sizing after the flop upset you. I think it all comes down to what kind of read you have on him. Just by looking at the information i can see he is up almost 2 buyins. So he is either a bad player on a good streak or at least a decent player. He is also the table leader with the most chips. Your play preflop is fine nothing wrong with the raise and call after. but after the flop you have to fold. If you ask yourself why you played this hand preflop you would answer " i want to hit the flush or at least a flush draw and stack my opponent" Right? my guess is that you are smart enough not to be thinking " i want to hit top pair with my 2 kicker and call down the chip leader, yeah baby!!" coming up with a plan before the hand and trying to stick to those guidlines can help you stop leaks like these.

Also to stop myself from doing the same thing i have all my "bad play" hand histories for the week on my laptop screen so i can make sure i dont make the same mistake again.