PDA

View Full Version : SemiBluff into flush?

techballer
03-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Full Table 5c/10c Ring Game w/ 9 players.
I am in big blind w/ $10.15 to begin., no read on Villain
Should I have played this different
PREFLOP-
2nd position minraises to 20c, Villain($30 stack) Calls in MP, SB Calls, I Call w/ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Button Calls
FLOP-5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1 pot)
SB Checks, I bet $0.70, fold to villain who raises to $1.40, Fold to me, I call.
TURN - /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.80 pot)
I check, Villain bets $0.50, I call
RIVER - /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.80 pot)
I bet $2.95 semi-bluff, Villain ?

fees
03-05-2007, 06:11 PM
c/c the river

mvdgaag
03-05-2007, 06:39 PM
You can't semibluff the river. Semibluffing by definition is a bet where you are holding close to nothing (therefore bluff) but with a hand that has a chance to improve to a winning hand. Your hand is not going to improve after the river. You bet a hand (queens) for value where you suspect a flush, but where you think you have some folding equity.

I fold this preflop. On the flop; if he's on a spade draw like you are, it is probably a better one and if he's holding a queen i'd worry about my kicker and if he's holding a set you are drawing to 9 spades. Plus you are out of position and do not know where you stand. Your hand looks nice, but cannot stand a raise on that flop. Very tough situation that you want to avoid by folding preflop imao. As played check the river (I can't see the rank though).

Just my ideas...
GL

corsakh
03-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Fold preflop.

techballer
03-05-2007, 07:16 PM
thanks, everyone, especially mvdgaag
i definately think a fold preflop would have been best