PDA

View Full Version : 50NL QQ facing a 3 bet

prodonkey
03-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Villian is 18/10 and I don't think I'd seen him 3 bet previously. Anyone go ahead and 4 bet preflop since I don't have position? What do you do if he shoves then?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $84.90
CO: $26.40
BTN: $61.70
SB: $49.35
BB: $31.4
Hero (UTG): $81.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
Hero???

Do you lead the flop into him or go for the cr.. or even c/c. He c-bets close to 100% of the time.

Warteen
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Looks like a checkraise situation to me. If he has an overpair he's calling or raising, and if he has AK he's almost certainly going to bet his straight draw + overs and might even call your raise. You want to get as much money into the pot as possible, and if you know he's very likely to bet, let him step into your trap.

SkeetyMcdoogle
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't usually 4-bet with QQ preflop, if he is smart he will already know youre only 4-betting QQ-AA,AKs (I'm assuming thats how you play) and you only get called by AA,KK,AKs usually anyway when you 4-bet.

If he C-bets 100% of the time, this is an easy check raise. He isn't gonna fold KK-AA here and you will get the money in.

That read is real important though, if my opponent didn't cbet I would definately lead on this drawy board.

mvdgaag
03-05-2007, 04:51 PM
edit: Changed my opinion...

You won't be able to defend against a straight or flush draw with the possible hands he's holding, so this is no reason to bet. He most probably has a big pair or big ace and I'd check/call flop check/raise turn. An ace or king can be a disaster at the turn, but I think you'll more value out of this by waiting for the turn to checkraise since he's drawing to only 2 outs with AA or KK.

spyderracing
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm not 4-betting queens pf, I am however leading this flop. If he has aces or kings there is no way he's not reraising in this spot.