PDA

View Full Version : 25NL TT from the BB

Alex1212
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed)

Button ($45.37)
SB ($23.58)
Hero ($30.88)
UTG ($52.28)
MP ($29.08)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB (poster) calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.75</font>, UTG calls $5, Button folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($14) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $10</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $29

Villain in this hand was 75/35 vpip/pfr.

I feel like I screwed up my play on all streets... I had no idea what I was doing on that flop. Advice?

TDouble
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I like the re-raise PF but you had better bomb it to like $9 if you're gonna do it. Given that line you've just put in 1/3 stack PF OOP against a maniac. So........I may just grit my teeth and play for set value. As played, either check-fold or pot the flop. Your flop bet looks super weak and he needs two cards in that spot to make you fold.

Pokey
01-03-2006, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may just grit my teeth and play for set value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You either want to be all-in preflop or not pot-committed. If you hit your tens on the flop you can use the hammer and let him beat himself to death with useless bluff bets. If you miss, you can ditch the hand and wait until you do hit it.

[ QUOTE ]
As played, either check-fold or pot the flop. Your flop bet looks super weak and he needs two cards in that spot to make you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blocking bets are just tasty bonuses for true maniacs. Don't bother trying to slow them down. If you were trying to protect your pot, 1/3 of the pot wasn't going to do it. If you were value-betting because you were sure your hand was good, you shouldn't have folded.

Mock me if you must, but I think weak-tight is the way to get the money from maniacs. Check/fold anything weak and check/call to the river with monsters, then whomp them with an all-in river raise. Oh, and they'll frequently call that river bet, so don't bother trying it on a bluff.