PDA

View Full Version : TPTK in reraised POT

danicalifornia
03-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Villain is 50/27/2 over 100 hands

I was 3betting him with any decent hand and he never folded preflop. Even though I could take it away from him 3 times with a cbet on the flop. I really felt that he wanted to look me up and his 4bet wasnt the first time at the table. Just last hand I had Kings and he 4bet me. I pushed and he folded. I thought he was probably on tilt and decided to make the call, hoping to hit and stack him again.

With that history, what do you think of my play here?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (MP): $153.75
CO: $29.05
BTN: $30.25
SB: $6.95
BB: $71.9
UTG: $67.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($16.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $7.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $39.25</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all in to $59.35</font>, Hero calls $20.10

Jouster777
03-05-2007, 07:02 AM
He 4-bets preflop even with his stats/history he has AA/KK here a fair amount so I see no reason to overbet for the flop RR. If the flop RR is to $25 I probably fold to a push.

As played, definitely a call to the push. Given history he'll show up with KQ, FDs, and even lower PPs enough.

munkey
03-05-2007, 07:17 AM
When he 4bets me preflop I fold, even donks get good hands and a minraise, reraise should set of alarm bells. I fold preflop to the min-reraise, as QQ+ canes us.
However...

Call me a NIT and I am /images/graemlins/tongue.gif but AQo I don't like getting 3bet with. But as you say there's history so I don't mind the preflop call.[BTW if he 4bet you(not mnr 4bet)in the KK hand and he folded he's obv bluffing a fair chunk time]

As played you hit your card so I can't see anything wrong with your flop play. Expect to see 8x, fdraw qx and any other PP and QQ+ -as Jouster says.

In general Vs donks I prefer to not engage to much in preflop shenanigans past 3betting them and use what little of my postflop skill to get teh monies where our edge is better.

[/NIT alert]

Freelancer
03-05-2007, 07:53 AM
3bet preflop is fine.
But fold to the 4bet, minraise/min4bet is scaring the crap out of me.