PDA

View Full Version : $50NL Set on a drawy board

AliasMrJones
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Villain is 28/4/5.5 over 10 hands or so.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

AliasMrJones ($49.25)
SB ($47)
BB ($50)
UTG ($24.50)
MP ($220.55)
CO ($49.30)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, AliasMrJones calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, AliasMrJones ???

Vyse
03-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Reraise to 25-30

Marshall28
03-04-2007, 11:57 PM
AliasMrJones raises All-In !!!

Marshall28
03-04-2007, 11:58 PM
oh, this was an unraised pot, i didnt realize that. actually u should just call his bet to 9 and hope the board pairs. theres no way villain has anything but a made flush in this spot.

were it the case that its a raised pot, your only option would be to shove all in.

MrMxyztplk
03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Raise PF.

And I'd probably push, but I wouldn't be very happy about it.

Vyse
03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
otheres no way villain has anything but a made flush in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs?

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs?

[/ QUOTE ]

its an unraised pot, there are 6 players seeing the flop. to speculate that not one of them could hold 2 diamonds is pretty ignorant. and he check raised ...

Vyse
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs?

[/ QUOTE ]

its an unraised pot, there are 6 players seeing the flop. to speculate that not one of them could hold 2 diamonds is pretty ignorant. and he check raised ...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, to say villain's ONLY range is a made flush is "pretty ignorant."

PokerRookie11
03-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Raise preflop...

It's much easier to play after that...

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you on drugs?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, to say villain's ONLY range is a made flush is "pretty ignorant."

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry, maybe i should re-emphasize this point....

HE CHECK RAISED THE FLOP.

there were 5 people to act behind him, and he decided to try to charge them all extra.

ok, 95 percent of his range is a made flush, 5 percent is possibly something else ...

Vyse
03-05-2007, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

im sorry, maybe i should re-emphasize this point....

HE CHECK RAISED THE FLOP.

there were 5 people to act behind him, and he decided to try to charge them all extra.

ok, 95 percent of his range is a made flush, 5 percent is possibly something else ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno what games you're playing, but maybe you should switch to another place?

On a flop this wet, with so many people in the pot, someone is DEFINITELY going to bet, so that's not a problem. It's likely not 2P tho, since they still bet to protect.

Could easily be TP w/ a straight draw, tons of combo draws, an idiot doing this with the Ad5x, random straight/flush draws, etc. ONLY a made flush? No dice. And if you're scared to put a set and give someone way too much credit for flopping the near nuts, you're way too much of a nit.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always think everyone has the nuts?

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:37 AM
yeah in a 6 way unraised pot. i have to have the nuts, if not close to it to make the decision to go broke. if u dont play the same way, id make sure i made a note by your name that said "SUPER DONK"

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah in a 6 way unraised pot. i have to have the nuts, if not close to it to make the decision to go broke. if u dont play the same way, id make sure i made a note by your name that said "SUPER DONK"

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for rolls?

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for rolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

k.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HU for rolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you seriously want to play HU now?

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:43 AM
why dont we just let OP tell us what villain had. if im wrong, ill play you heads up for whatever stakes you want, even though im drunk, right now.

AliasMrJones
03-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Just want to make it clear...you guys are putting up your rolls on what villain had? I don't want to say until you seal the deal.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why dont we just let OP tell us what villain had. if im wrong, ill play you heads up for whatever stakes you want, even though im drunk, right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you want to lose your money that bad, huh? Villain probably did have a flush here and that's why OP posted it. That doesn't mean that Villain ALWAYS has a flush here though. You seem to see the worst in every scenario. Don't get all worked up just because I'm disagreeing with you.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just want to make it clear...you guys are putting up your rolls on what villain had? I don't want to say until you seal the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nono, we're not wagering rolls on the outcome. He's saying he'll play me if his read is right. Which I suppose is good, since I'm about 99% you lose to a FD here.

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you want to lose your money that bad, huh? Villain probably did have a flush here and that's why OP posted it. That doesn't mean that Villain ALWAYS has a flush here though. You seem to see the worst in every scenario. Don't get all worked up just because I'm disagreeing with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

worked up because you are disagreeing with me? ... you are calling me out, and im not a pussy. im not afraid of anyone that posts on micro stakes anyways. i would play you straight up if i wasnt drunk because id probably take your money.

lol u think im lobbying that villain had a flush based on the fact that OP posted it? ... u seriously must not play much poker if you dont know not to go broke in unraised pots w/out the nuts or near to it.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Now that I think about it some more, just cold calling is probably best given that you have position. Once he sticks that c/r on your ass, you shouldn't be happy. You go from trying to make the most to trying to lose the least. And maybe calling is the best way to minimize your -EV.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worked up because you are disagreeing with me? ... you are calling me out, and im not a pussy. im not afraid of anyone that posts on micro stakes anyways. i would play you straight up if i wasnt drunk because id probably take your money.

lol u think im lobbying that villain had a flush based on the fact that OP posted it? ... u seriously must not play much poker if you dont know not to go broke in unraised pots w/out the nuts or near to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that anyone who posts in a microstakes forum is a microstakes player is dangerous. Perhaps such poor assumptions are the reason you're not playing higher than 25NL.

EMc
03-05-2007, 01:12 AM
stop flaming.

amj,

Very read dependent in this situation. pot is what, 15ish? A psr is to 30, and if hes calling a PSR 4 bet hes calling a shove, so im shoving here.