PDA

View Full Version : $50NL I #$*(&^%(*&#$ hate overpairs

AliasMrJones
03-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Villian is new at the table...What's the plan on the turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

AliasMrJones ($49.50)
BB ($43.15)
UTG ($48)
MP ($194.55)
Button ($52.70)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $4, Button folds.

Flop: ($11.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones bets $8</font>, MP calls $8.

Turn: ($27.50) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
AliasMrJones ???

barryc83
03-04-2007, 11:20 PM
How is he new if he has 400bb?? I'm stacking off versus unknowns who miniraise pf. I'd prob bet $20 and get the rest in on any river.

MrMxyztplk
03-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Bet $15, call push? What's the problem?

AliasMrJones
03-04-2007, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is he new if he has 400bb??

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I only looked at how many hands I had from him. Looks like I was new to the table.

Acein8ter
03-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Try to get to showdown cheaply...

MrMxyztplk
03-04-2007, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try to get to showdown cheaply...

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be too afraid of getting the money in at this point.

Marshall28
03-04-2007, 11:50 PM
id check turn and fold to a raise. if he checks behind turn though and a safe card falls, id check call a reasonable bet.

cuz like, the only hand thats conceivably in his range that u might get value from is TT. its possible he has a flush draw, but most of the time he will play it fast.

marvin_1935
03-04-2007, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its possible he has a flush draw, but most of the time he will play it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

which read was it that led you to believe this villain play his flush draws fast?

MrMxyztplk
03-04-2007, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id check turn and fold to a raise. if he checks behind turn though and a safe card falls, id check call a reasonable bet.

cuz like, the only hand thats conceivably in his range that u might get value from is TT. its possible he has a flush draw, but most of the time he will play it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that you're only getting calls from hands that have you beat here, then you really have to take a look at how you're playing all the other hands when you get here. I'm guessing too passively.

Marshall28
03-04-2007, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its possible he has a flush draw, but most of the time he will play it fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

which read was it that led you to believe this villain play his flush draws fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a general assumption because there are no reads ... i apologize, i thought that i had typed "most of the time he will PROBABLY play it fast" ... sorry for leaving that out.

marvin_1935
03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that you're only getting calls from hands that have you beat here, then you really have to take a look at how you're playing all the other hands when you get here. I'm guessing too passively.

[/ QUOTE ]

please put villain on a range that minraises and calls a reraise pf. then calls another bet on the flop AND another (large) bet on the turn that we're ahead of. i'm interested in what you come up with.

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please put villain on a range that minraises and calls a reraise pf. then calls another bet on the flop AND another (large) bet on the turn that we're ahead of. i'm interested in what you come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. You have to play OTHER hands in such a way that villain will look you up HERE w/ TT, a 9, or even 77-88, or push over you with a big draw.

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:04 AM
maybe at higher limits u do, but not at 50nl or whatever limit this hand was.

marvin_1935
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. You have to play OTHER hands in such a way that villain will look you up HERE w/ TT, a 9, or even 77-88, or push over you with a big draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

running big 3 street bluffs at calling stations+unknowns at nl25/nl50/nl100 is very -ev

MrMxyztplk
03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but how do you think you get there?

What's your postflop aggression by street? 4/1/.5? Do you make your CB and then give up agression on all but your biggest made hands?

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:17 AM
i definitely know u dont get there by betting into people w/ a marginal hand who arent going to fold anyways.

not quite sure why exactly you think your metagame is so important at micro stakes ...

AliasMrJones
03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, but how do you think you get there?

What's your postflop aggression by street? 4/1/.5?

[/ QUOTE ]

My postflop aggro by street is:

5/2.5/1.6

I'm not passive postflop if that's what your driving at. Also, multi-barrel bluffs at 50NL are a death wish.

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 12:34 AM
i think he was asking me ... insinuating that im weak tight ... my AF is over 4 though.

Xanta
03-05-2007, 01:11 AM
OK can we stop the meowchow dick waving and answer the question at hand. Alias, if you break down his range here you're way behind a lot of hands that an unknown might minraise and call a reraise with (AA, KK, QQ, 99, 66), way ahead of a very small portion of his range (TT, 88 maybe) and the rest of his range consists of hands that have at least one overcard to your jack. I guess I'd call this a Way Behind or Somewhat Ahead situation, but the problem is here that we're OOP in a 3bet pot and have no hope of keeping the pot small if the villain doesn't want it to be. A 1/2 pot 1/2 pot line by villain gets it in by the river.

Half of me wants to say bet/fold the turn, as in my brief experience if the villain were slowplaying something he'd wake up on the turn, and half of me seems to want to check/call a smallish bet on the turn and re-evaluate river. Check/folding in this spot is sick weak, but if he puts up a large enough bet I think that you can't continue because you will go broke on the river.

EMc
03-05-2007, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK can we stop the meowchow dick waving

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

AMJ,

Lets bet again. 22-25.

Marshall28
03-05-2007, 01:29 AM
xanta, check calling kinda commits us to the hand cuz like u said, pot will be too big to fold at that point. check folding seems weak, but like u said hero is only ahead of a very small part of villains range.

id be hard pressed to go on the assumption that villain is floating the flop in a reraised pot. i suppose its possible, but so many other hands that beat hero are much more possible.

this is why i recommended c/f turn but c/c a reasonable bet on the river if a safe card falls since its more likely villain tries to take the pot on the river w/ a hand he is floating that tried to hit an overcard but missed, that is, if it appears to him that we've given up by checking turn and river ... thoughts?

Ryanb9
03-05-2007, 01:39 AM
w/out reading any replys, im prolly firing one more round b/c of draw's... that just my first ... reaction i guess