PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - Trips, scary board

Avocado
03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
villain is unknown
comments on all streets please.

ps: the converter sucks, i made it

Full Tilt Poker - $0.05/$0.10 - NL Hold'em (6 max)

Seat 1: Hero ($14.65)
Seat 2: SB ($13.80)
Seat 3: BB ($9.80)
Seat 4: UTG ($2.30)
Seat 5: MP ($3.65)
Seat 6: CO ($17.95)

SB posts the small blind of $0.05
BB posts the big blind of $0.10

Hero is in the button with [As Qh]
2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: [Qc Tc Jc] (pot: ~$0.95)
CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: [Qc Tc Jc] [Qs] (pot: ~$2.2)
CO checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2

River: [Qc Tc Jc Qs] [4c] (pot: ~$5.9)
CO checks, Hero bets $4.60, CO calls $4.60

the_muppeteer
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Looks fine, don't know if I would bet the river though, you don't have any clubs and if he was chasing a flushdraw he made it.

nomadtla
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I honestly think I may get away from this on the flop. His pot bet after PFR makes me guess we are behind, and I think most of out outs will only cost us money.

As played I think:
He flopped the straight or flush, or has KK with the K/images/graemlins/club.gif. But on the turn was worried about higher flush or full house. After the turn call I just check behind on the river. If he calls that with a hand you beat he is retarded and should be your new best friend. I don't think after the turn call he is folding much either.

nomadtla
03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Upon further consideration I think without a read you can make a good case for folding preflop to avoid decisions like this.

If you know he will raise and cbet light from the cut off then I would reraise preflop.

98Suited
03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Upon further consideration I think without a read you can make a good case for folding preflop to avoid decisions like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't seriously be advocating a fold for a single raise with AQ on the button vs an unknown in a NL10 game.

nomadtla
03-04-2007, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't seriously be advocating a fold for a single raise with AQ on the button vs an unknown in a NL10 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't get away from a flop like this I think it might be the best option. But I hate AQo with a passion. Suited it's an obvious call.

98Suited
03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
I kinda like op's line, except for the river bet. If you weren't beat on the turn you most likely were on the river. But it is NL10, so I guess villain could show a KQo if you're lucky

gabbahh
03-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Preflop against unknown I'd just call.

On flop you need to raise or fold. It's a very scary board to him also.

If he'd call the flop, bet somewhat over half pot on turn.

Since he checked to you on the river you should check behind.

I don't think there is much value in betting the river given this line and final board.