PDA

View Full Version : NL10 - Top Set, Flush Draw Gets There on the Turn

Mal_Pais
03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Villian just sat down 10 hands ago. No reads. I don't know what calls this flop bet, but I suspect its a flush draw (or two). I have no idea what these small bets represent, so I check-call down.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.90
CO: $3.80
Button: $10.70
Hero: $9.55
BB: $8.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.9, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.85</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.45, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2.6</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $14.65

MrMxyztplk
03-04-2007, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what calls this flop bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Any flush, any J, 54, 44, 55, 76, and maybe some other random junk, like A5, A4, etc.

Though spot... Weak c/c on the turn seems ok. If he has the flush, he's giving you a stupidly small price to fill up. On the river, checking seems alright, but his bet is weirdly small, like he wants value from a strong non-flush hand. I'd consider c/r all-in.

Vyse
03-05-2007, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd consider c/r all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I like the just calling down.

Supwithbates
03-05-2007, 12:29 AM
I play it the same
c/r allin is spewy and folds out a lot of hands we beat

Mal_Pais
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks. I thought I played this weak. But any turn bet is pretty much putting my stack in the middle considering the pot size, so I slowed down when the flush card hit.

Villian showed me a T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I promptly left the table, considering I felt the monkey tilt creep in when I saw the T3s. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chanchuan
03-05-2007, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what calls this flop bet

[/ QUOTE ]
It's absolutely amazing what broad range of random junk (and some good hands too) call this (or any other) flop at 10NL given a proper villain /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Crimsonjade
03-05-2007, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Villian showed me a T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I promptly left the table, considering I felt the monkey tilt creep in when I saw the T3s. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy is a donk and bought in with a full stack. You played the hand well and did not really pay him off. You are stacking him here when the board pairs. Not really sure why that makes you tilt... I would play this guy all day.

Mal_Pais
03-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I would normally reload, get a hand, and value bet this guy to death. Bless him and his T3s. But in all honestly, the tilt was already creeping in, due to a horrific beat on another table. This hand was just the straw that broke the donkey's back.

Vyse
03-05-2007, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I would normally reload, get a hand, and value bet this guy to death. Bless him and his T3s. But in all honestly, the tilt was already creeping in, due to a horrific beat on another table. This hand was just the straw that broke the donkey's back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean -- it's not one isolated incident that ever brings on the tilt.

Mal_Pais
03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I didn't mean for this hand to be a badly disguised BBV hand. I sincerely wanted to know what other players do with Villian's tiny turn bet. I thought his river bet was a mangled 2 pair often enough to warrant a call. I really, really hate playing OOP, even with premium hands.

crushednuts
03-05-2007, 10:56 PM
lol @ CO. He probably had a medium pair or KQ..

why would he call a 3 way pot for 2 dollars on the flop and fold for a dollar on the turn?