PDA

View Full Version : Getting bonus back

medinpok
03-04-2007, 12:14 PM
I have done a bunch of searches and am getting very confused about how to get a bonus back from one of the sites. If someone can provide a link to a post I'd be glad to read it, but my question is:

Let's say I deposit $500 to FullTiltPoker with their 100% bonus and I am a no limit tournament player. How do FTP points work and is it possible I will ever see the $500 in bonus? I get 7 FTP points for each dollar in tournament entry fees, but what does this have to do with getting back the bonus? Do I have to play in limit games to get the bonus and how does a rakeback affect all of this? Thanks for any help.

playersare
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
each FTP point is worth 6 cents in bonus. so 7 points per dollar in entry fee is a 42% rebate. the bonus is paid out in $20 chunks, therefore you need to pay about $48 worth of tourney fees to get the each $20 in bonus back.

bonus is also deducted from MGR, so each $20 bonus chunk would be reflected as $28 of affiliate revenue (instead of $48) for rakeback calculation purposes.

nosmith
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes bonus's can be a little confusing. All the sites have different conditions for clearing their own bonus's. The Full Tilt one works like this you need 16.67 Full Tilt points for every 1$ in bonus, so to clear $500 worth of bonus you would need 8335 Full Tilt points. It is released in increments of $5 at a time if you deposit $500, so again very simply for every 83 points you earn they will credit your account with $5. As i understand it you can clear it in tourneys or in cash games. It all depends what limits you play at, at the mid to high limits the bonus is easier to clear than at the low limits. Rakeback gets deducted from the bonus but im not 100% sure how it works. There are far easier bonus's out there to clear than the Full Tilt one. Hope this helps and that my info is not out of date!!!!. Good luck.

playersare
03-04-2007, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is released in increments of $5 at a time if you deposit $500, so again very simply for every 83 points you earn they will credit your account with $5.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you have a $500 deposit and bonus, it will be released in $20 increments, not $5. FTP states the bonus is awarded in 10% chunks or $20, whichever is lower. so the bonus amount could only be $50 in order to be released $5 at a time.

medinpok
03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I know I have to deposit by March 31 I think to get the 100% bonus. Is there any time limit on how soon I need to retrieve the bonus before it expires or can I take my time after that? Although the bonus is deducted from the MGR, I should still sign up for a rakeback from somewhere, so I can take adv of that plus the bonus right?

playersare
03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I have to deposit by March 31 I think to get the 100% bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
no you generally don't. they just put the end of the month to persuade you to deposit immediately. on april 1st, the new deadline will become April 30th, then in may, and so forth. they've been doing that for years.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any time limit on how soon I need to retrieve the bonus before it expires or can I take my time after that?

[/ QUOTE ]
It should be 90 days from the time the bonus is given. since they award it in $20 increments, whatever amount you clear before it expires, is yours to keep and withdraw.

[ QUOTE ]
Although the bonus is deducted from the MGR, I should still sign up for a rakeback from somewhere, so I can take adv of that plus the bonus right?

[/ QUOTE ]
if you plan on playing there a long time, then yes. on the other hand, if you're just whoring the bonus and/or you are mostly small stakes, it MIGHT make more sense to go with an affiliate that gives a one time CPA of $90 or so (amazon gift cert or equivalent), regardless of what MGR you generate.