PDA

View Full Version : $50NL: Play a hand with me

avfletch
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
CO is a decent player running about 18/15 and definitely understands position.

BU is a terminal station running with about 60% VPIP who I have been enjoying value betting to death.

I've been 3betting CO reasonably light and I think he's started to catch on and call light/use his position. There's definitely an argument to be made for 3betting here anyway and if you would then let me know but I'm more interested in the postflop play.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (SB): $75.8
BB: $68.05
UTG: $64.40
MP: $67.25
CO: $55.15
BTN: $18.70

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.75, 3 players)
Hero ?

CO is definitely smart enough not to cbet air into 2 people and I've seen evidence of this but haven't seen him in spot 2 of 3 and definitely not with a villain that neither of us have respect for. I believe we are ahead of his range but I'm really not sure what we can expect in terms of cbets from various parts of that range.

What button has and how he plays it is anyone's guess so feel free to be anyone.

Thoughts/plan for the flop?

danny8
03-04-2007, 09:28 AM
you could reraise, you have a decent chance of taking it down there + CO will prolly fold and you'll be HU against the donk. but getting 4bet off your hand sucks. Callings fine.

i think leading out for $4-5 is good. CO likely has junk ands gonna fold, i cant see him raising with air, so if he does you can safely let it go. im guessing btns quite passive? if so hes just gonna call with any PP, 7, 9, FD or SD. I really think CO will fold to a flop bet, and you're ahead of btns range - so i like just leading out.

joesector
03-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree with danny. I'd lead this flop for about $4.

danicalifornia
03-04-2007, 10:02 AM
This looks like a good spot for a squeeze play. As CO is the first one to enter the pot, he could definately be raising with a wide range here. BTN could call with any 2 here considering his VPIP and his position. If you 3bet PF and both of them call, I would go for a cbet and shut down if called/raised. As played, you have some possibilites to proceed. You could either c/r the flop if CO bets and BTN folds. Or you could go for a float and try to take the pot away from him on the turn. Nevertheless, you have to be cautious about the BTN. If he calls floating has no value. Unfortunately you didnt provide the AF of CO so I dont know how likely it is that he bets into 2 people wih air at all... Even though, if it is heads up between you and CO im definately not done with the hand on the flop

avfletch
03-04-2007, 02:31 PM
OK. I decided to take advantage of my relative position compared to PFR and checked it to CO who bet $4. Button folded and I called working on the basis that he is very transparent on the turn, betting when he has something and checking when he doesn't.

Turn 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Pot is ~$14

Your plan?

Vyse
03-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Bet about 10, a lot of draws just got there and your hand is disguised

prodonkey
03-04-2007, 02:47 PM
$10 is a good bet

Check_The_Nuts
03-04-2007, 02:52 PM
12 on turn. I'd say 80% of the time your only going to get one more bet out of him anyways.