PDA

View Full Version : Some 50nl hands against donkeys

kabouter
03-04-2007, 07:49 AM
K villain had a vpip of 70 pfr of 0 and postflop agression of 2. Somehow he always managed to suck out on me though, so valuebetting here is ok right?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $67.35
CO: $99.41
LinzayLohan: $52.75
SB: $65.87
BB: $50.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) LinzayLohan is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan raises to $2.5</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan bets $4</font>, CO calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($13.75, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan bets $8</font>, CO calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($29.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, LinzayLohan calls.

Results:
Final pot: $35.75

And the villain in this hand was laggy (40hand sample)

Party Poker
5 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $44.45
CO: $16.45
Button: $58.40
SB: $60.38
LinzayLohan: $58.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) LinzayLohan is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Button calls, SB folds, LinzayLohan calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.25, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan bets $1.5</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan bets $4</font>, Button calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($14.25, 2 players)
LinzayLohan checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $7</font>, LinzayLohan calls.

Results:
Final pot: $28.25

And the villain in this hand was your average donk, normally I'll raise this up against decent players preflop, but these guys aren't folding.

Party Poker
6 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $45.80
UTG+1: $21.35
CO: $101.10
Button: $55.67
LinzayLohan: $49.50
BB: $64.49

Pre-flop: (6 players) LinzayLohan is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
3 folds, Button calls, LinzayLohan calls, BB checks.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
LinzayLohan checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, Button calls, LinzayLohan calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3, 3 players)
LinzayLohan checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $2.85</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan raises to $5.7</font>, BB calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">LinzayLohan bets $5</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $24.4

boycalledroy
03-04-2007, 08:02 AM
1st Hand is fine.

2nd hand is meh imo, he more than likely has a better club if he raises it there, but the raise is so small you _have_ to call.

Last hand is.... Why didnt you get more cash in there, and why the min raise? I'd have potted on the Turn and the river expecting to see an Ace.

avfletch
03-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Hand 1 is standard.

Hand 2 I'd be betting bigger on flop and turn. You're coin flipping against just about anything on the flop and looking *really* good on the turn. Don't let him draw to AcX cheap when you are going to have to pay off a reasonable bet.

Hand 3 I'd be betting bigger throughout but the river is definitely Zeebo theorem (no one folds a full) at it's best. Shove for love.

kabouter
03-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Hand 1 he had AK

Hand 2 he had a higher flush A3s (as expected, I really called because I wanted to see what he had I knew I was beat, but sometimes you just can't resist to call right?). My flop bet was more to disguise my hand, and hoping they would fold. My turn bet was ok I think, nobody is going to call with one club card in their hands for $4 bet right? I was more or less valuebetting, but the speed at which he called, made me slow down on the river even if the card was a blank, the guy might have been laggy, but he wasn't a bad player.

Hand 3
Flop call I really didn't feel like I could raise here, the chance that they had a pocket pair in their hands was just too small (their pfr was quite high), so I was hoping for a big card to drop on the turn, minbet is just something I do when I'm up against donks, they have to call it anyways if they have something. But my river bet is what bugs me. Personally I would fold here if someone raises me allin, but then again which donk folds a full house.
And my hand isn't disguised at all, I mean there are 3 jacks on the board... Ah well it's not something I have to worry about that much, since it practically never happens /images/graemlins/smile.gif

danicalifornia
03-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Hand 1 standard

Hand 2 ugly river card. I can find a fold there

Hand 3 shove. Any ace will call you

prodonkey
03-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Hand 3 wow.. you didn't even bet as much on the river as on the turn... his call of the raise basically tells u that he has an ace.. or that he likes his hand. I pot it.. or even overbet if I think he will call.

Hand 1.. you played it ok, hell I would prolly have raised his weak ass block bet.

Hand 2 I fold the river.. he could easily have had top pair their for the Tc.. I'm not calling 1/2 pot to find out.

munkey
03-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Hand 1: I bet turn more, river is interesting as Ax x 8 to t has 2pair now - I'll probably wuss nad just call the river 'blocking' type bet rather than raise to 15+ which is what I probably should do. This could be a potential missed vbet for me here but my read wants to river call -I think he has 2pair A8+ and is looking for a raise.

Hand 2: I think you played this ok but I would bet turn smidge more $5[to charge 1 card spade draws], I usually fold river but check-calling is o.k. too probably given size of bet if u think he does this w/o club. I think he PFR broadway stuff with a club.

Hand 3:
Shove any ace will call you, unless he's clocked on. I like to lead turn, suggest I hit my ace and then can shove river.
Potting is my alternative suggestion.

Reading the replies I see you've given results, didn't think villan had Ak in hand 1, I hope some notes will be going down on all villans /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check_The_Nuts
03-04-2007, 02:44 PM
hand 3 sucks. Check raise bigger. Shove river.