PDA

View Full Version : good line with underfull? - deep 30NL

silentj
03-04-2007, 07:17 AM
BTN is very loose passive preflop (doesn't raise anything at all) and spams the pot button a lot postflop (when checked to). He doesn't seem like a station though. My play has been very LAG for a couple hours at the table.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.15/$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $56.55
MP: $28.65
BTN: $112.75
Hero (SB): $131.75
BB: $28.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.45, 5 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, BTN calls $0.30, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, BB calls $1.05, BTN calls $1.05

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.05, 3 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.30</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $3.30

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [J/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10.65, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10.65</font>, Hero calls $10.65

<font color="black">River:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($31.95, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $31.95</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $116.60</font>

Does he have a naked jack often enough to check raise the turn rather than peeling one off and going for it on the river? Is my hand even strong enough to check raise with this deep on the river?

Zagga
03-04-2007, 07:25 AM
I like it. With this read on him he could easilly be doing this with a hand like AJ/KJ/QJ and you get a lot of value this way. Although I think I would c-raise the turn.

BobAllinSki
03-04-2007, 07:32 AM
I like it as well, he has draws often here, usually you should charge them to hit if you think they will pay, but this deep you want to give them a chance to catch. If he doesnt have a draw but has a decent jack you have a good chance of stacking him anyway, especially if he bets pot automatically. If he has a better boat thats just poker, pay the man and get on to the next hand (or if your me go on raging monkey tilt and loose 4 times as much as you do in the actuall hand trying to bluff people off top 2)

Zagga
03-04-2007, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(or if your me go on raging monkey tilt and loose 4 times as much as you do in the actuall hand trying to bluff people off top 2)

[/ QUOTE ]

amen! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif