PDA

View Full Version : computer technical help

JaredL
02-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Should computer tech help be under "general gambling"? I just made a post in OOT that Diebitter pointed out should really have gone into the Computer Tech help forum. The reason I didn't put it there was because CTH is under Gambling and my question wasn't about gambling software, setting up my monitor to 25 table etc.

Glancing at the forum it seems a mix of "this poker software isn't working" and unrelated or tangentially related computer issues such as the computer not booting up.

diebitter
02-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Very good point.

Tony_P
02-12-2006, 10:26 AM
I think CTH would fir better in Other Topics, right next to OOT, and might actually get some useful traffic that way.

I've given up on posting non-poker tech questions here, since they are not allowed in oot, but i never get an answer in CTH.

MicroBob
02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
I wonder about combining 'computer tech help' and 'software' so as to increase the traffic in each.

I'm not sure we really need seperate forums for each.

note - software used to be part of books/software...and seperating the two was a good idea.
But right now it's a couple of kind of slow forums with low traffic that might benefit from a merger.

Nut4Dawgs
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Another thing I've noticed - the questions in one or the other actually would be better asked in the other. (did I say what I think I said?)