PDA

View Full Version : review a wine

KDawg
03-04-2007, 02:31 AM
all wines are welcome, but please give a thought out review no matter whether its a Franzia or a Chateau Petrvs. Mainly give tasting notes and your thoughts, if you are familiar with Robert Parker's Scoring system then go ahead and give a point scoring[1](if you aren't don't worry, its no big deal as the tasting notes are much more important)

so to kick this off, tonight I had a 04 Numanthia Toro

nose: very good nose. Got some very good rasberry, black currant, and blackberries. Subtle on all of the fruit. good old world nose, so the fruit doesn't explode on the nose

taste: dry, very dry at first but with a long finish. Along with the tastes that I got on the nose, there was some light vanilla. the tannins were kicking due to it being a young wine

overall: an excellent wine, well worthy of the rating it got in wine spectator( it got a 95)

score: 95+. this wine is great for aging but can definetly be drunk young. It runs between $45-55 if you can find it as not that many cases were imported. great value for the price

[1]Robert Parker scoring system

95-100: a classic wine
90-94: an outstanding wine
85-89: a very good wine. some flaws but very drinkable and generally a good value depending on price
80-84: good wine. has several flaws or is very one dimensional
75-79: mediocre. many flaws, but in the end drinkable in a pinch
50-74: not recomended

cobrakai111
03-04-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm drunk now but I dibs getting to review Three Buck Chuck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pvn
03-04-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.thedrinksgroup.co.uk/mdspread.jpg

Performs as expected.

Clarkmeister
03-04-2007, 03:32 PM
A thread with some discussion on this topic. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=5977233&S earchpage=1&Main=5977233&Words=wine+Clarkmeister&t opic=&Search=true#Post5977233) I do think it would be great if we could keep one thread going on this.

I recently added the following to my wine fridge:

3 - Spring Valley Vineyards "Uriah" 2004
2 - Spring Valley Vineyards "Mule Skinner" 2004
3 - Owen Roe Cabernet Franc 2005