PDA

View Full Version : Question about common spot

Sorcerer808
03-04-2007, 01:38 AM
First the HH : suppose no read on anybody

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($133.85)
MP ($35.80)
CO ($8.40)
Button ($18)
SB ($87.75)
Hero ($115.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $2.

Flop: ($7.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: $7.50

Suppose SB checks here, what's the point in betting (or checking). It's a pretty simple hand but I don't understand why I'd be betting there ... there's a potential club draw so I don't really want to give a free card, but if I bet around $5-6 and get called by button, he can now bluff me out of the hand with anything. Would bet folding the turn be good?

KJatl
03-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Against 2 opponents I probably check here and bet on a blank turn. Against only one person, I c-bet this every time.

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Not really a fun spot. Multi-way, I would probably just check and see what happens. I think if you bet, you will only get called by a better hand as most will read you for AK and just fold 99 etc. I think a flush draw will call any bet you make and you won't be able to tell whether he has a made hand or a draw. Plus, you could get called in two spots or call + RRed.

This is pretty much a WA/WB situation and I think you should see a turn card for as cheap as possible and focus on pot control

If you are facing a bet from the button you have to consider how short he is. Would he risk 20%-30% of his stack on a bluff in a multi-way raised flop?

Vyse
03-04-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm betting $5

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 01:46 AM
What do you do if button raises AI for 11 more? just dump it i guess?

Antinome
03-04-2007, 01:52 AM
The only value of betting is as a bluff blocker. That does have some value if Villian's ranges are wide, and the probability of being bluffed out is very high. However, multiway, with no reads, I usually will not bet here. If I am checked to on the turn, I will bet.

corsakh
03-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Sorry, misread the hand, thought we were in position. Ye, have to cbet.

Sorcerer808
03-04-2007, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against 2 opponents I probably check here and bet on a blank turn. Against only one person, I c-bet this every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you do with a turned club?

corsakh
03-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Ignore. Its a 3 way pot and the board is paired.

03-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Without reads, I bet half pot to avoid being bluffed at by button. If he calls I try to go to showdown as cheap as possible and most likely check/fold turn.

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Button is pretty short. I doubt he would bluff in this spot

betting puts you in a weird spot if you are raised AI

Marshall28
03-04-2007, 02:40 AM
ummm ... in multi way you might as well just check and give it up to anyone that bets. no one will bet a hand worse than yours, and no one will call a hand worse than yours (except FD, but you wont know if its FD or an ace).

were this heads up and u were in position, a check behind is good, or a c-bet is good. i usually like to check behind in this situation because i like to get value from weaker pairs on later streets. like if the turn card came Q J or 10 itd be possible to get value from one of those pairs, whereas if u just raise the flop, u r gonna fold out all hands that contain those cards.

however, out of position, you have to c-bet this kind of flop because, as stated earlier, u give villain the chance to bluff u off the hand. plus its just so difficult to know where u r at when u r out of position.