PDA

View Full Version : Andy Beal is Back!!!

Todd Brunson
02-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Yesterday everyone was asking me if Andy would ever be back after saying he was done with poker. We didn't have to wait long. Andy is in Vegas and Jen will play him tomorrow followed by myself on Monday.
Wish us luck

Todd

ECDub
02-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Got to be a rush knowing your playing at the sickest levels in poker. Good luck Todd. Hope you guys kick butt.

Ron Burgundy
02-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Good luck Todd.

Could you post some of the more interesting hands in the Mid-high Heads up/Shorthanded forum? I understand that you wouldn't want to go into too much detail about your strategy, but it would be pretty damn awesome to have a $50K-$100K hand post on 2+2.

Clayton
02-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Hi Todd,

If you remember any interesting hands please share them, or just a synopsis of the games overall. The readers are only getting the wins/losses and though sessions consists of numerous, numerous hands if you could throw in a couple hands that would be nice to tell stories about I'm sure the internet contituency would be very appreciative. Thanks.

fyodor
02-12-2006, 06:44 AM
Todd, if Andy Beal were a member of the Corportion, where would you rank him in your rotation? Top 5? Top 10?

wisehandpoker
02-12-2006, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck Todd.

Could you post some of the more interesting hands in the Mid-high Heads up/Shorthanded forum? I understand that you wouldn't want to go into too much detail about your strategy, but it would be pretty damn awesome to have a $50K-$100K hand post on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.wisehandpoker.com/Handofday/archive/andy-beal-returns.php

My write up of the only hand that I've seen published on the net. Not a lot of info there, but you'll get the gyst. Todd's verified the cards in play.

Stosh
02-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Good luck Todd! 'Stosh

miajag
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
http://www.racing.state.ny.us/images/logo_all_one.gif

buriedbeds
02-12-2006, 01:52 PM
That's hilarious...

Good luck; I hope you guys take him to the cleaners.

-bb.

JaredL
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Todd,

What do you think your win rate is heads up versus Andy? You've won an awful lot of money, but the variance is obviously quite large. Do you think you running really well in addition to outplaying him?

Do you think you or anyone else in the corp are or were playing scared money at some point?

Jared

Nut4Dawgs
02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Anybody else notice Todd's new title?

<ul type="square"> /images/graemlins/smile.gif [/list]

playerzero
02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck Todd.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be awesome.

Good luck to you and the others, Todd.

MicroBob
02-12-2006, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but the variance is obviously quite large.

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm alert:

you mean that the variance playing $50k/$100k heads-up is kind of high?

surely, you jest!!!

MicroBob
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else notice Todd's new title?

<ul type="square"> /images/graemlins/smile.gif [/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is our little way of showing that we have confirmed this poster to be 'legit'.

Any time we get a Barry Greenstein or Daniel Negreneau or Todd Brunson posting around here there are about 9-zillion, "Do we know that this is really him?" type posts.

Los Feliz Slim
02-12-2006, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could you post some of the more interesting hands in the Mid-high Heads up/Shorthanded forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about some hands at this limit being posted in the Mid-High Short-handed forum amuses me.

Good luck Todd.

Nut4Dawgs
02-12-2006, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is our little way of showing that we have confirmed this poster to be 'legit'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the change to be positive/complimentary. I believed it was him from the get/go because of his original title.

pdparv
02-12-2006, 11:23 PM
I have news from Wynn...check out www.bluffmagazine.com (http://www.bluffmagazine.com)

Sponger.
02-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Todd,

I read this off bluff magazine's forum from the guy doing updates...

[ QUOTE ]
While we knew that Todd was probably playing tomorrow, I know have even bigger news. Since Todd is not really a morning person, Doyle Brunson is stepping up to the plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really that bad of a morning person you can't go to sleep early, wake up and take a good shower and eat a good breakfast and go play some poker? Is playing $50,000-$100,000 HU LHE not important enough for you? What would get you up early?

astroglide
02-13-2006, 12:22 AM
i can't function early AM either

goofball
02-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Sponger - Why do you think going to sleep early is something he can just do at a whim?

Sponger.
02-13-2006, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sponger - Why do you think going to sleep early is something he can just do at a whim?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just having a little fun. Obviously its no problem that somebody fills in for him. But the thought of Todd just passing on playing early in the day because he isn't a morning person is hilarious to me.

astroglide
02-13-2006, 01:16 AM
it's perfectly reasonable to me. he'll still have an opportunity to play later, so why shouldn't he wait until he's at his best?

DesertCat
02-13-2006, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's perfectly reasonable to me. he'll still have an opportunity to play later, so why shouldn't he wait until he's at his best?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the essence of intelligent gambling, to pick your spots where you can have an edge, and the best edge possible?

Mr. Orange
02-13-2006, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have news from Wynn...check out www.bluffmagazine.com (http://www.bluffmagazine.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or are the bluff updates pain in the neck to read. Can't there just be link with all the updates on the front page instead of having to read a thread in bluff forum. There has to be better way.

pievegas
02-13-2006, 02:09 AM
No offense, but whatever news you are getting is coming from the outside of the outside rail of the poker room. There was no one anywhere near the rails except for members of the corporation today. I love the "assumptions" you seem to make and to say that Jennifer played aggressively is frankly impossible to assume from any angle. She appeared pretty calm during play. I also don't think someone with that kind of experience is going to "tilt" or get aggressive when chips are sliding towards the competition.

pievegas
02-13-2006, 02:13 AM
The guy doing the updates makes a lot of assumptions and is full of fluff. I'm in Vegas, I'm on the rail. Half of what he reports is "his opinion" and he goes back a lot and corrects his posts.

goofball
02-13-2006, 02:20 AM
When I left at about 530pm it looked like andy beal was up almost two racks.

pievegas
02-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Not only are they a pain to read, but I have been reviewing them and comparing the information to what members of the Corporation have been saying. I would personally either wait for Todd to post or go to Card Player.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/detail.php?p_id=822

MicroBob
02-13-2006, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but whatever news you are getting is coming from the outside of the outside rail of the poker room. There was no one anywhere near the rails except for members of the corporation today. I love the "assumptions" you seem to make and to say that Jennifer played aggressively is frankly impossible to assume from any angle. She appeared pretty calm during play. I also don't think someone with that kind of experience is going to "tilt" or get aggressive when chips are sliding towards the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only dispute the part aboutHarman not tilting just because of her experience.

I thought she had a reputation as a tilter (sometimes) in the big game.

She sure seemed to be tiltish after that beat she took in the WSOP.
Not that you or I wouldn't be tilted out by that either...just saying.

And at 50k/100k I would expect that even some players who almost never tilt and have plenty of experience could still be driven to tilting.

pievegas
02-13-2006, 02:34 AM
Okay, let's just consider this. If Doyle Brunson were sitting directly to your right, sweating your every move, and you were playing with some of his money, do you think you would "get aggressive" or "go on tilt" right in front of him? I know he didn't leave the table unless it was everyone's break time. Plus, he will report that to the other member's of the Corporation.
Again, she seemed pretty calm. Things just weren't going her way. It happens. Tomorrow is another day.

here is a recap:
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/detail.php?p_id=822

Sponger.
02-13-2006, 03:30 AM
yay someone from the bluff message board...

[ QUOTE ]
and oh... you say todd brunson isnt playing because hes not a morning person. poor todd. way to go. sleep till noon while you seventy two year old dad goes to battle. ill have to bring up todd and his inability to compete in the a.m. hours next time someone tells me poker players are atheletes. hey todd wanna make a couple a million before lunch? no thanks man ima seep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bud Light
02-13-2006, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and oh... you say todd brunson isnt playing because hes not a morning person. poor todd. way to go. sleep till noon while you seventy two year old dad goes to battle. ill have to bring up todd and his inability to compete in the a.m. hours next time someone tells me poker players are atheletes. hey todd wanna make a couple a million before lunch? no thanks man ima seep.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if you are joking or not, but according to pievegas's profile, she is actually Lisa Wheeler, the writer from Cardplayer doing the Beal updates. Her and pdparv (Bluff magazine writer doing the Beal updates) have been going at it all day.

wisehandpoker
02-13-2006, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you are joking or not, but according to pievegas's profile, she is actually Lisa Wheeler, the writer from Cardplayer doing the Beal updates. Her and pdparv (Bluff magazine writer doing the Beal updates) have been going at it all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, at one another's throats. Truth be told, I've been enjoying that aspect of the coverage. Media war, anyone?

Ron Burgundy
02-13-2006, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Todd is a certified badass. Do not question him.

TStoneMBD
02-13-2006, 07:06 AM
at this level, all advantages are important. playing on less sleep then usual while historically not functioning too well in the morning is enough to have another player of nearly equal skill play in your stead.

IQ of 47
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
I think cardplayer is trying to save some face after Bluff had the live updates last time and I believe Cardplayer had something last week about AB being done with poker for good, which is suprising since members of the corp. have had ties with Cardplayer for a long time. I agree that some of the updates are fluff from Bluff(haha), but the numbers appeared to be right last time and they were giving updates on a regular basis, unlike the industry leader for so long.

Georgia Avenue
02-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I'd like to reiterate my support for the OP and corp. I think that it is our duty as poker players to root for the best...nothing against Mr. Beal, but I'm hoping that eventually we'll hear: "Mr. Brunson, I have to let you go."

--GA

Todd Brunson
02-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Well here I go. Everybody root hard and if religous at all please pray!!! To answer the questions that I'm sure will come as to why I'm playing in the morning this time....I've been up all night. Woke up at 7pm last night so it's not like I've been up for 24 hours or anything. This may be my last post, if I lose everyones money I may disappear in the Nevada desert.

Todd

InTheNo
02-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Pie,

I cannot help but respond to your pathetic posts. Your professionalism is definatley lacking. You sit and tell everyone that you are sitting on the rail and your words are to be trusted? Give me a freaking break!

You (CP) were visibly abscent last time around when another one of your competitors was providing live updates, every day, all day long! How convienient is it for you to discuss this go around on ALL the message boards like you have uncovered the "Wholly Grail." Pathetic!

You then attack your competitor with idiotic statements because you know that once again you are a "Day Late."

When you post from now on, why dont you state......."I/CP are only reporting on the biggest event in poker because I/CP once again dropped the ball and now we are trying to cover our ass."

I think everyone sees throuigh your [censored]!

Georgia Avenue
02-13-2006, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well here I go. Everybody root hard and if religous at all please pray!!! To answer the questions that I'm sure will come as to why I'm playing in the morning this time....I've been up all night. Woke up at 7pm last night so it's not like I've been up for 24 hours or anything. This may be my last post, if I lose everyones money I may disappear in the Nevada desert.

Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear God,

Please keep Todd awake enough to flop quads in the biggest game in history. Please let him drink water and no caffine in order to stay fresh. Please don't let him get capped by Minh Ly and left in a shallow grave outside of Barstow. Also, please tell Peter Angelos to trade Sammy Sosa.

Thanks for listening/existing,

I love this forum.
--GA

wisehandpoker
02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
sadly, your prayers re: angelos-sosa will never be answered.

Good luck Todd, bring it home.

G

talentdeficit
02-13-2006, 12:26 PM
[Ming] Ly said, “I just found out yesterday that Beal was on his way back. I was pretty happy about it. It’s good when he comes. It’s even better when we win because it beefs up our $4,000-$8,000 high-stakes game at the Bellagio. It’s like when Lyle Berman shows up. The game is on.”

from the cardplayer coverage

skirk
02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
GL Todd. Make 'em cry uncle today...

Filip
02-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Good luck Todd!

Nut4Dawgs
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GL Todd. Make 'em cry<font color="red"> Todd's my new Daddy! </font> ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like mine better.

<ul type="square"> /images/graemlins/grin.gif [/list]

bigfishead
02-13-2006, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only dispute the part aboutHarman not tilting just because of her experience.

I thought she had a reputation as a tilter (sometimes) in the big game.

She sure seemed to be tiltish after that beat she took in the WSOP.
Not that you or I wouldn't be tilted out by that either...just saying.

And at 50k/100k I would expect that even some players who almost never tilt and have plenty of experience could still be driven to tilting.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's a HUGE tilter...gets way way outta line when she tilts too. Thats when the big boys take her chips and take them deep.

pdparv
02-13-2006, 03:48 PM
A potentially thrilling challenger is at Wynn...

Meeler09
02-13-2006, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ghostridah
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
good luck todd, you are one of the greats in limit, hope you do well

unimproved
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Ivey. Source (http://www.bluffmagazine.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2641&amp;PN=1&amp;TPN=4)

ChipLeader7
02-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Wow if Ivey plays thats going to be a nice interesting match. I hope Michael Craig is there to catch all the action.

Victor
02-13-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to reiterate my support for the OP and corp. I think that it is our duty as poker players to root for the best...nothing against Mr. Beal, but I'm hoping that eventually we'll hear: "Mr. Brunson, I have to let you go."

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. this is retarded.

debater
02-13-2006, 08:36 PM
??

You may want to check that source again. It simply said Phil had been up playing late last night (the context did not imply in the BIG game).

I have seen no evidence yet that Phil Ivey is playing Andy. He may do that, but, it is just speculation at this point.

Debater

threeonefour
02-13-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. this is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

unimproved
02-13-2006, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
??

You may want to check that source again.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

pdparv posted regarding a 'potentially thrilling challenger'. There was reference to Phil Ivey on the website he's been spamming so that was obviously what he was implying. I posted Ivey's name and the link to the source thread. I did not say anything therein was [censored] gospel.

Not only that, but when you try and nitpick you get the facts wrong:

[ QUOTE ]
It simply said Phil had been up playing late last night (the context did not imply in the BIG game).

[/ QUOTE ]

From source link: 'Todd Brunson, ended up staying up through the night and played this morning'

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen no evidence yet that Phil Ivey is playing Andy. He may do that, but, it is just speculation at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, duh?

Sponger.
02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was reference to Phil Ivey on the website he's been spamming

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess I'm not the only one who has noticed this and is tired of it?

pdparv
02-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I dont mean to spam, and for that I apologize. I thought people were interested in the match, and for that reason I posted the link. If anyone wants updates for tonight you know where to find them.

Sponger.
02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont mean to spam, and for that I apologize. I thought people were interested in the match, and for that reason I posted the link. If anyone wants updates for tonight you know where to find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your plugging of bluff hasn't been limited to posts on andy beal.

thx2pokr
02-14-2006, 04:19 AM
All of this corp. smooching is kinda disturbing. After all, an " anyone can win" attitude is responsible for the poker explosion in the last few years, ( aka...Moneymaker, Varkonyi, etc.). People who root for the corp. need to remember that every dog has his day and this fact keeps the wheels turning in our industry. On that note, Beal isnt that big of a dog either, he is very composed and methodical in his actions, and if he blows a pot he doesnt have to sweat Doyle on his left. Take for instance their last outing in early Feb., The Corp. takes 2.5 mil off him in approx. 40 hours of play, at 1chip-2chip blinds, and chip value @ 25,000. , One Rack , wow he got smashed Vs. the world's best (snicker,snicker). These ongoing matches aren't blind robbery like everyone makes them out to be.

Georgia Avenue
02-14-2006, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. this is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up dude, I think I might be getting somewhere! Soon I'll start with the bankroll / venture capital / wicked-guitar-wailing karate-fight party-invite wheedling.

Also, if you think sincerity is retarded when it doesn't jibe with your views, well, GFY.
--GA

Todd Brunson
02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Well Andy is on a roll. I had him down 2.5 million with an hour to go. He came back and won 1.2. He did it too Ted yesterday even worse. Ted was up 7 million with two hours to go, but Andy got even.
Beal is one tuff dude.

aucu
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
That's amazing action.
Good to see you show the man respect.

disjunction
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pdparv writes on his website that he was banned from 2+2. I don't really care either way, but if I were 2+2, I would find it obnoxious that on Bluff's forum, he referred to Todd Brunson making statements "on another forum", without mentioning twoplustwo.com by name, and a lot of the readers there were probably left clueless. It should be 2 ways.

Damontis
02-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Is he still playing for the next few days?

Vincent
02-15-2006, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pdparv writes on his website that he was banned from 2+2. I don't really care either way, but if I were 2+2, I would find it obnoxious that on Bluff's forum, he referred to Todd Brunson making statements "on another forum", without mentioning twoplustwo.com by name, and a lot of the readers there were probably left clueless. It should be 2 ways.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's made mention of stuff written on 2+2. Also you're assuming Todd posted it on only 2+2. I think Todd has posted on other sites also, so maybe pdparv didn't want to list every site that Todd made his statements on. I think Bluff has made a decent attempt of giving some updates, however vague. But if he got banned for advertising, then oh well, he learned the hard way. "Don't F* w/ Mason!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

disjunction
02-15-2006, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He's made mention of stuff written on 2+2. Also you're assuming Todd posted it on only 2+2. I think Todd has posted on other sites also, so maybe pdparv didn't want to list every site that Todd made his statements on. I think Bluff has made a decent attempt of giving some updates, however vague. But if he got banned for advertising, then oh well, he learned the hard way. "Don't F* w/ Mason!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a couple of days ago, and I remember thinking it was a pretty clear reference to a specific Todd 2+2 post. Who knows, maybe he was banned first and that's why he didn't refer to 2+2. I don't think he was banned yet, though.

However, for some reason, he has since started referring to 2+2 by name in the last couple of days, if only to mention that he has been banned.

Vincent
02-16-2006, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a couple of days ago, and I remember thinking it was a pretty clear reference to a specific Todd 2+2 post. Who knows, maybe he was banned first and that's why he didn't refer to 2+2. I don't think he was banned yet, though.

However, for some reason, he has since started referring to 2+2 by name in the last couple of days, if only to mention that he has been banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely a 2+2'er and not a Bluffer, but I don't see the need to attack the character of those in the poker world outside 2+2. He's apologized for any uncomplimentary statements he made, and he seems genuinely disappointed that he was banned.

I think part of it was b/c he thought Cardplayer's representative was posting links here, and he clearly showed that he represented Bluff magazine. However without warning he was banned. He seems like a class individual and they have provided good content on this event. But he learned, "Don't mess w/ Texas."

disjunction
02-16-2006, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely a 2+2'er and not a Bluffer, but I don't see the need to attack the character of those in the poker world outside 2+2. He's apologized for any uncomplimentary statements he made, and he seems genuinely disappointed that he was banned.

I think part of it was b/c he thought Cardplayer's representative was posting links here, and he clearly showed that he represented Bluff magazine. However without warning he was banned. He seems like a class individual and they have provided good content on this event. But he learned, "Don't mess w/ Texas."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a "2+2'er" nor a "Bluffer". Nobody's attacking anyone's character. There are no allegations of anything immoral, just a possible attempt to one-up perceived competitors. It's just business.

Vincent
02-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Almost 700 posts. You're a 2+2er at heart. Admit it.