PDA

View Full Version : bottom set vs. weird action? 25nl

silentj
03-04-2007, 12:12 AM
UTG seems TAG on the tighter side and hasn't seemed tricky postflop, probably a winning player. BB is pretty loose passive preflop but only kinda donkish postflop. I only sat a few orbits ago and have played very LAG.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BTN): $25
SB: $75.2
BB: $24.5
UTG: $48.75
MP: $28.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.35, 5 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif [8/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($3.1, 3 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3.10</font>, UTG calls $3.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.70</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">UTG raises all in to $47.75</font>, Hero?

I gave a free card on an incredibly dry board, then everyone woke up on the turn. UTG's line is completely unexpected, looks very strong, and I'm getting ~4:1 on the call.

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Ugh. I would have bet the flop and represent the ten. People never believe you have the set on the flop when you lead out. As played, FELT IT. Might see some donkey two pair.. Plus, he might have AA or KK...
Tried for the C/R on the flop and figures he is way ahead..

miniuser
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
based on your description of villain and the way the hand was played you're prob beat here a decent amount, but you can't fold a set on this board in a raised pot without a really great read.

ALWAYS bet flop here btw. gross spot.

Khaos4k
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. I would have bet the flop and represent the ten. People never believe you have the set

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Sets are very valuable because villains never suspect them.