PDA

View Full Version : Flopped trips oop in unraised pot, how to best extract

wall_st
03-04-2007, 12:04 AM
So villan is a somewhat basic tag, i don't have a hud up but if i had to guess he would be aroudn 23/10 and probably can get away from tpwk but would have to tihnk about a bit. I have been playing a little lag but nothing crazy and have not really shown much down. I think i messed this up. I hate check raising in these spots because it reveals the power of my hand. I feel like a line like this will get worse hands to call more often then check raising either the turn or river.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($26.30)
UTG ($19.15)
MP ($33.45)
Button ($24.75)
SB ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.60) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.10) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls $2.

River: ($6.10) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $12.10

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9c Jc (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $12.10. </font>

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 12:09 AM
I don't really like the stop and go on the turn. Rep the diamond draw and check the turn.
He will probably bet anyways and you can call again.
Unless you get the feeling he is drawing you are ahead of many hands.
On the non-diamond river, lead an overbet into him and rep a missed flush bluff. You will get looked up by his ace many times. I bet he had A3 or some junk here..

wall_st
03-04-2007, 12:14 AM
What is your plan if the diamond draw hits and he bets pot ?

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't think he is leading with the diamond draw. I think if you were worried about the draw you should have raised the flop. I would have just raised on the flop as trip nines will get you value against just an ace. Plus, it would define if he is on the draw or has an ace..

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
If the diamond draw hits, IM going to lead at him and see what happens. I doubt he has the cajones to raise me on the river w/o the flush especially if your line is obv. a flush draw

wall_st
03-04-2007, 12:30 AM
so what about,

lead flop for pot, he will probably just call with both a dimond and an ace. Check raise any non diamond turn ? I think this line is really confusing and may extract some extra value from stronger aces.

I understand this is one of those spots where I have strong hand but the pot is so small it will be difficult to get it all in vs worse hands.

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 12:43 AM
I like that line but I would be afraid he would just take a free card out of confusion if he had the diamond on the turn. I think leading the flop is key. I Would probably just lead again on the turn w/ a 3/4 PSB figuring i would get called by the ace and the flush draw..
He might even let a free card come off w/ the ace and then if a diamond hits you are in danger of folding the best hand