PDA

View Full Version : TPTK - calldown on 3flush 4straight board?

matrix
03-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Hand #1 - some history...

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.50
Matrix: $24.65
Button: $63.45
SB: $9.95
BB: $24.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) Matrix is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Matrix raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.1, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Matrix bets $1.75</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.6, 2 players)
BB checks, Matrix checks.

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($5.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5</font>, Matrix folds.
Uncalled bets: $5 returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: $5.6

Hand #2:

this is ~5 hands later - same villain.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.50
Matrix: $21.90
CO: $63.45
Button: $9.85
SB: $26.70
BB: $25

Pre-flop: (6 players) Matrix is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Matrix raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Matrix bets $1.75</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Matrix bets $3</font>, SB calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($11.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $7</font>, Matrix ???

no real reads - I'm new at the table /images/graemlins/frown.gif villain seems TAG tho and hasn't got out of line...

#1 I fold cos I think villain here has trip 9's or made a flush I snap call here on any non /images/graemlins/diamond.gif non 9 river...

#2 I reckon I'm probably beat again - what hands I beat bet the river on a 4straight 3flush board ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif - but given recent history is it worth a crying call? or should I fold here as well??
Given that the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif flopped is a flush less likely than for hand #1?

comments critique and stuff on both hands welcomed....

Check_The_Nuts
03-03-2007, 10:35 PM
k why did you bet the turn in hand 2?

bah basically IMO the guy just has a high river agression, like sto bet a lot to take it away especially on scary boards. Both boards are quite scary so I'd lean towards calling just cuz of recent history.

Acein8ter
03-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I'd say your beat by flushes on both hands...

Check_The_Nuts
03-03-2007, 11:26 PM
in a vacuum I think he's more likely to have the flush in the second hand than the first...

Sir Winalot
03-04-2007, 06:09 AM
I would seriously consider betting turn in hand 1 for a cheaper showdown and to charge one card heart-draws, something around 3/4-pot should do fine. I think folding river is fine because we don't really beat much anymore.

Yikes, your turn bet looks so weak sauce that it probably induced bluffs more than checking. But you got quite nasty river cards on both hands and ime 25nl villains don't bluff, I would just trust his bet here and fold even with all the recent history. From experience I can say that it's not an easy task at the table, but I think it's the right thing to do.

Vyse
03-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Fold on Hand 1 was nice, and you def gotta fold on Hand 2. Too many things beat you, even including donkish Ax hands that made 2p.

Check_The_Nuts
03-04-2007, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would seriously consider betting turn in hand 1 for a cheaper showdown and to charge one card heart-draws, something around 3/4-pot should do fine. I think folding river is fine because we don't really beat much anymore.

Yikes, your turn bet looks so weak sauce that it probably induced bluffs more than checking. But you got quite nasty river cards on both hands and ime 25nl villains don't bluff, I would just trust his bet here and fold even with all the recent history. From experience I can say that it's not an easy task at the table, but I think it's the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

donks definitely bluff. Guy hit me on the river for full pot yesterday and I called with 3rd pair, it was good versus ace high...