PDA

View Full Version : TT marginal overpair on flop

Sir Winalot
03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
I've been in 2 pots with Button in the last two orbits. In the first one I raised preflop with A7s and c-bet a paired flop and c/f to his turn bet. 2nd one I flopped the wheel with 45 and pot flop and turn. He folded turn and typed "gut gespielt", not sure what he meant with that.

I have a feeling that Button in this hand probably sucks and he seems to be laggish and bluffhappy (not 100% sure, just got a feeling from the A7 hand). MP is a fish.

20NL
SB ($20)
Hero ($22)
UTG ($16)
MP ($4)
CO ($11)
Button ($29)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
1 fold, MP raises to $0.8, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero raises to $4.2, MP calls all-in, Button calls

<font color="red"> Thoughts on the raise? I was isolating MP. </font>

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($12.5)
Hero bets $8.8, Button shoves, Hero calls

<font color="red"> Nasty stack sizes, I have 18 left behind coming to the flop. What do you think? </font>

Edit: main pot is 12ish. Sidepot is practically 0 on the flop.

avfletch
03-03-2007, 01:59 PM
"gut gespielt" is German for "Good play".

Preflop seems fine. God only knows what button calls with here. My flop play would probably depend heavily on how I viewed villains. Any reads/thoughts on MP?

Bonesy
03-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Given your read of button and stack sizes, I think this is OK. Getting almost 4-1 on your call, I think you have the best hand more than that and this is a flop that bluffers like to make moves on.

cjs
03-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I like pre just as a squeeze play. If you read the button well I call but it looks like a 8.

Vyse
03-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I like it