PDA

View Full Version : Happy with two pair allin?

chanchuan
03-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Villain is 23/13/1.6, seems pretty average.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $7.50
MP: $6.15
CO: $7.40
Hero (SB): $9.85
BB: $28.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.15, 5 players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BB calls $0.40, MP folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.85</font>, BB calls $0.85

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [7/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($2.8, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.10</font>, BB calls $2.10

<font color="black">River:</font> J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif [Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($7, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.25</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $8.50</font>, Hero ...

I have to call, obviously, or do I (I have only around 2$ left when he raises)?

What about the whole line? Value betting good hands is what I should be doing at uNL, right? Although I somehow feel I'm behind when he raises the river.

But AI with top 2 pair = happy, right?

SirFelixCat
03-03-2007, 10:24 AM
I think your line is fine, except MAYBE the river. Now, I'm super-aggro on the river and have been working to induce bluffs &amp; or pot control, so I think this is a good spot for it. Seeing as there was no flush draw on the flop, I'm calling this, as played.

Normally, though, I'd c/c the river. Not poorly played though imo.

miniuser
03-03-2007, 10:35 AM
it looks a lot like he hit a backdoor flush with Axs but you played it fine. I think not betting the river here with top 2 would be a mistake because there are a bajillion worse hands that call.

There are times in spots like this when you can fold to his river raise based on a strong gut feeling, esp. if villain is a very passive player. But that aside, in a nutshell calling is probably correct.

chanchuan
03-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm more on the side of betting the river for value, I didn't suspect the flush here (but now that I think of it, Axs is possible, true). Still, if I encounter a slowplayed set here, I'm bound to go broke as I see it (?)

Dans Full
03-03-2007, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still, if I encounter a slowplayed set here, I'm bound to go broke as I see it (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

If he flopped a set, he played this crazy slow, and he almost cost himself the pot if you held Axs..if so make a note of it, and move on.

As played, I make a crying call on the river getting 7.5-1, but I am more inclined to check call this river.

miniuser
03-03-2007, 03:16 PM
err, just realized you only had $2 left after his raise, in which case disregard my the last paragraph in my previous post, you can never ever fold this no matter what gut feeling you have (with such good potodds) :P