PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: passive line with TPTK

Miko
03-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25.80)
Button ($48.90)
SB ($29.89)
BB ($25.65)
UTG ($27.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.60) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

River: ($12.60) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

Didn't knew what was the best option on the flop. Either raising or calling. After the flop raising is stupid imo, I don't want to play for stacks.

Villain is: 15/10/3 over 250 hands.

And I'm not sure about the river too...

monkover
03-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I donīt like your play at all. But before I comment could you please tell me why a flop raise is so tupid in your opinion? Maybe Iīm copletely wrong... donīt wnna get flamed for saying raise the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif Although I think you have to...

Miko
03-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I said that raising his donks after the flop (on turn and river) is stupid.. cause I don't want to play for stacks (right?)...

On the flop it's raise/call. And when I call I play the whole hand passivly, right?

monkover
03-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah pretty much but in this hand Iīd really like to be the agressor. If you raise the flop and he reraises youīre pretty much done with the hand. The problem is if he has a set either a set of 8s or 2s ( I doubt he just calls preflop with JJ) you pay him off the whole way...
Which hand do you think that are in his rage that you get more value from playing this way? Do you think heīd go all the way with a worse J? In that case you get more value from calling him down. Would he fires 3 barrells as a bluff? I donīt think so? If he has a set do you pay him off all the way? Yes you do.
So imo it is the best play to raise the flop here b/c you know where you are in the hand and donīt have to pay 2 more streets if youīre behind...

BlueArchon
03-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Raise the flop and find out where you're at. You've called
all the way which is definitely not the best way to play this hand. On the river you beat nothing. The only draw on the flop was 9T and that got there. Unless you have a red that villain may play QJ or KJ like this I fold the river.

So in summary,
(a) Raise flop and proceed depending on action
(b) As played, fold river.

Thremp
03-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Weird.

I've never seen a villain donk three streets well I have and I usually stalk off with a AQ hand. You probably played the hand optimally. If he checks turn and river I vbet river while checking turn through. I check behind river if he doesn't donk that.

Villain probably has a set though. Make a note. This is out of line play people try to watch.

monkover
03-03-2007, 09:09 AM
thremp:
I think youīve got way more experience than me, so could you please explain why you wouldnīt raise the flop?
In retrospect you know that villain whould donk 3 streets but if you didnīt would you have played it the same all the way?
b/c I think raising the flop is still the superior play...