PDA

View Full Version : NL $25: AKo top pair on paired board facing 2X pot bet on scary turn

BlueArchon
03-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Just sat down at the table. Have been raising a lot of hands in the last few minutes mostly because I've been getting really quality starting hands. Villain is a 60/40/3 since I've sat down at the table (about 30-40 hands)

Should I continue to fire on turn? Plan if raised? if he calls turn then river play??

How does my holding the nut flush draw factor into my decision here with the overbet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($41.50)
CO ($8.45)
Button ($31.35)
SB ($22.55)
BB ($7.25)
Hero ($45.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.10) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, MP calls $2.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($8.10) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $18.25</font>, Hero???

BlueArchon
03-03-2007, 09:36 AM
bump.

monkover
03-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Canīt really see another way to play it...
If you make a bet about 6$ you still seem not to get the right price to call just with the flush draw... Thatīs true but you are getting very good implied odds...
If you check first of all you might induce a bluff b/c villain sees that as a sighn of weekness so Iīd come right out betting like 6$ if he raises to 18 he basically committs himself to the pot. Iīd call that raise and fold the river if I donīt hit the flush. bet the river if you hit the flush .

SirFelixCat
03-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Ugly board...

First off, villain is the other deep stack at the table and I can't imagine him wanting to go to war with you with ANYTHING that you're ahead of here. His range? As a 60/40? He could have an 8, a flush or he knows that that can't be a card that you like. If he puts you on AK or AA, he knows YOU don't have the flush, so he could be overbetting to protect his 8 or smaller FD or simply jumping on the weakness that you showed on the turn.

With you holding the As, I put a blocker bet out on the turn and re-evaluate, based on his actions. Say a 1/2 pot bet and fold to a big raise on the turn.