PDA

View Full Version : AK facing aggression

canavarr
03-03-2007, 04:31 AM
This is the second hand the villain played at the table. In the first hand he was UTG+2 and immediately went all in preflop for 120BB ($30) in an unraised pot. I have no other info.

Here is the second hand:
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $18.05
UTG+1: $30.60
Hero: $25.65
Button: $19.50
SB: $27.30
BB: $8.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $2</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8.75, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $10.75</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($30.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $16.35</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $16.35 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: $30.25

I could have re-raised preflop, but I thought I could trap a weaker ace in position.
What I should/could have done in all streets? What is his range?

chrismystero
03-03-2007, 04:45 AM
well, lets go to the flop.....just fold there? as played however, turn you could have pushed to his reraise to 10.75, but u chose to call...so since u chose to call, i dont know how in the world u folded this basically blank river if u chose to go that far in the first place.

edit: tell me this...if u got to the river and folded to the all in with a 4spade coming up, wut card can come up that u decide to like ur hand??

barryc83
03-03-2007, 04:47 AM
RR pf. As played just fold the flop, you have A high in a multiway pot. Once you get to the river you might as well call.

and12006
03-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Have to RR pf or fold, no point calling the flop raise you only have A high but as said call the river.

Vyse
03-03-2007, 06:34 AM
What's he beating on the river? I think it was a good fold. It's not just a matter of the 4 of spades, a safe card coming, like chris was talking about -- it's that villain hit us over the hand by telling us we were beat. So listen to him.

canavarr
03-03-2007, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, lets go to the flop.....just fold there? as played however, turn you could have pushed to his reraise to 10.75, but u chose to call...so since u chose to call, i dont know how in the world u folded this basically blank river if u chose to go that far in the first place.

edit: tell me this...if u got to the river and folded to the all in with a 4spade coming up, wut card can come up that u decide to like ur hand??

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have a drawing hand in turn, I had a made hand, and I wasn't hoping to improve in river. I was just curious if he'd fire another bullet in river. so the river card is immaterial, I wanted to see what he was gonna do now that I represented a strong ace.

venom007
03-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Fold flop, also never call turn c/r if you dont intend to call basically any river bet. If you think AK is good on the turn, the 4s on the river is pretty harmless. Obvioulsy the c/r on the turn doesnt make it seem like ur good, so fold.

BobAllinSki
03-03-2007, 07:59 AM
I sometimes raise the pot even 3 way but not one as low and suited as this, this low the chances of a pocket pair go up and suitedness means you might well get called buy a hand you are ahead of but still get bluffed off by the river.

If you cant raise though fold, drawing to 6 outs multi way where you can only make a pair is not profitable, to justify a call your opponent needs to have air a lot AND give up with it once called, else you are in raise or fold territory.

_TKO_
03-03-2007, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have to RR pf or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting preflop is best, but calling is still definately better than folding. This is NOT a re-raise or fold scenario preflop. However, that's exactly what it is on the flop, although I think folding is better. The one hand you've seem him play shows maniacal tendencies, so I think your fold equity is little to none.

Thremp
03-03-2007, 04:23 PM
LOL at preflop and flop.

chrismystero
03-04-2007, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's he beating on the river? I think it was a good fold. It's not just a matter of the 4 of spades, a safe card coming, like chris was talking about -- it's that villain hit us over the hand by telling us we were beat. So listen to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how this can be a good fold. im not saying he should call because he usually beats villian, he should call because he got this far. if u price urself in all the way to the river like this, and fold to a nothing card, ur going to be a very unprofitable player. by calling the turn (the turn you should not have got to in the first place) i think u should have the mindset to call any river bet when u compare stacks to pot size in this scenerio.

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 12:49 AM
there is no point in arguing about the fold/call on the river. Hero should NEVER put himself in this position as he should have RR pf. Also, ABSOLUTELY no point in drawing to TPTK in a multiway pot. You could be easily drawing dead..

Vyse
03-04-2007, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im not saying he should call because he usually beats villian, he should call because he got this far. if u price urself in all the way to the river like this, and fold to a nothing card, ur going to be a very unprofitable player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. This line of thinking is horrible. You need to start viewing every decision as the best possible decision for where you are at in the hand, not simply because you might've made a stupid decision on the turn. "Oh, well, looking back, that call on the turn was bad -- but the river was a blank and I'm this far! Might as well call..."

That's the thought process of a fish.

crushednuts
03-04-2007, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not saying he should call because he usually beats villian, he should call because he got this far. if u price urself in all the way to the river like this, and fold to a nothing card, ur going to be a very unprofitable player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. This line of thinking is horrible. You need to start viewing every decision as the best possible decision for where you are at in the hand, not simply because you might've made a stupid decision on the turn. "Oh, well, looking back, that call on the turn was bad -- but the river was a blank and I'm this far! Might as well call..."

That's the thought process of a fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people use pot odds as an excuse to look a villain up too often.

What will you beat that he would move in on the river here??

Please let me know where the river value is..

MAYBE you beat AQ etc. but why would you fold the river if you put him on that?

if you put a villain on this you should have pushed in on the turn

chrismystero
03-04-2007, 03:37 AM
im not denying the fact that the turn play was horrible, i guess its hard to say what should be done on the river in this position...probably becuz i have never faced the decision where i called when i thought i was beat in a situation like this, becuz i dont put myself in that situation. what im trying to say here, is when i get to this river, with these stacks, i call, becuz ii think its the best decision, not becaused i messed up earlier. this is hard to put into words.

all that aside, once again, fold flop