PDA

View Full Version : missplayed draw?

PSW
03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I hated how I played this hand. I wanted to fold after the flop CR but couldn't, so I went AI. Fold >AI>Call, right?

As to reads, I am doing very well at the table and viewed as a TAG I am sure. No real reads on the two others. CO is pretty new to the table.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2.15
UTG+1: $9.60
MP1: $9.90
MP2: $10
Hero: $31.75
CO: $21.50
Button: $19.75
SB: $10.55
BB: $11.30

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.4</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.35, 4 players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $5.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $31.35

and12006
03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
A fold would of been better, CO says he has a good hand and MP1 says he has a better one, you don't have to play every draw, and I don't think there folding. Maybe with the NFD I'd go AI.

ShipitFMA
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A fold would of been better, CO says he has a good hand and MP1 says he has a better one, you don't have to play every draw, and I don't think there folding. Maybe with the NFD I'd go AI.

[/ QUOTE ]

hit the nail on the head

Thremp
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Dump it when someone RR flop.

BishopsFinger
03-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok, first post here an all so expect what you would expect from a first poster - im going to be more asking questions than tendering answers. Im going to descirbe part of what i would think and do here and, whilst i loathe to detract from original posts, would appreciate any comments on my thoughts.

ok so i wouldnt open call with this hand to start - id raise it up or let it go depending on the table, but calling when we know its going to be multiway is a good idea - if we dont have any of the players acting after me labelled as 'greenhorns' who like to raise it up a bitch after a few callers i am limping here as well.

Youre getting fab odds on the second call Pre flop so im also in with you as well - especally since you close betting.

Standard.

If the ace hadnt come on the flop and the MP1 caller had checked to me i wouldve bet out here. Most likely holdings for these guys are face cards, ax (probably suited) and small pocket pairs. But in the situation i think its reasonable to check to the bettor and see what happens.

if i bet out and get called and a blank comes on the turn im more than prepared to second barrel this as this will chase out the pocket pairs lower than the 9 and the rest of the flush draws. (depending on player there)

He bets out and gets raised.

Against two totally unkown players as we seem to have here i would definitely fold this. The bet out could mean anything of course - a continuation bet from the pre flop aggressor is not a remarkable thing. However the hefty reraise from the blind tells me im beat and may be drawing dead (ax of hearts is a possible holding for either of these players and matches their plays) so im letting this go.

I like the fold, wouldnt push here but everyone plays differently i guess.

-new to the forum guys! may be thinking about setting up a microstakes (10//20) bankroll sometime soon so advice on my thoughts and on possible reading (i mean books to improve my cash games) would be awesome -

sorry for the blatant hijak

BF