PDA

View Full Version : In 500 years all religion will be outlawed.............

pdogger
02-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Why? Because of world terrorism. It is coming down to the
Muslims against the rest of the world. Islam will be outlawed and when that happens all religion will be illegal.
Then we can get on about life and world peace.
It may not happen in 500 years, could be 1,000 years, but
the time will come when all religions will be basically
obsolete. When science can do what science will be able to
do in 500 to 1,000 years.......who the hell will need
religion.

hmkpoker
02-12-2006, 12:37 AM
http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/8462/gositcornerdumbass6406jk.jpg

pdogger
02-12-2006, 12:41 AM
ROFLMAO

amirite
02-12-2006, 01:20 AM
ok

LadyWrestler
02-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Actually, I think it is real Christianity that will probably be outlawed, and in a LOT less than 500 years from now...IMHO, this could happen within the confines of the current century.

Have a nice day! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nielsio
02-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Yes, write something on a piece of paper, that will solve the problem.

Are you a politician?

soon2bepro
02-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Do you really give the human species so little credit as to suggest they'll go back to the dark ages policies?

BluffTHIS!
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
You will need and want it, but won't be able to have it, as you twist slowly on spit turned by the Devil over the pit of hell.

Prodigy54321
02-12-2006, 04:25 PM
There was a thead about this a while back, but I think it was 400 years. Anyway.....banned??? I hope not...not the norm?? I hope so

Zeno
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In 500 years all religion will be outlawed.............

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume you are serious.

You cannot outlaw religion or even suppress it much, and to do so anyway is simply the wrong approach, not to mention that in many countries it is against constitutional principles to legislate religion away (thought it is possible to legislate 'one-state religion'). For better or worse, religion is probably here to stay for the duration of the existence of the human species. There are various reasons for this that I will let you figure out, as an exercise in rational thinking.

-Zeno

Zygote
02-12-2006, 07:31 PM
by that time we will have had to at least start expanding beyond this planet because of over population. not really relevant, but just saying that lots of things will be very different in that amount of time.

LadyWrestler
02-12-2006, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by that time we will have had to at least start expanding beyond this planet because of over population. not really relevant, but just saying that lots of things will be very different in that amount of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They sure will! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

spaminator101
02-13-2006, 05:28 PM
by that time Christ will come back

spaminator

Rduke55
02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There was a thead about this a while back, but I think it was 400 years. Anyway.....banned??? I hope not...not the norm?? I hope so

[/ QUOTE ]

The same op did the other thread on the exact same subject.

Leaky Eye
02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by that time we will have had to at least start expanding beyond this planet because of over population.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily true.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Read "Cat's Cradle"

matrix
02-17-2006, 07:55 AM
I think in less time than that religion will be obsolete.

If it is true that "religion is the opiate of the masses"

I think religion is already obsolete and now Television is the opiate of the masses.

BradyC
02-17-2006, 09:46 AM
I agree... one day this Christ rejecting world will get exactly what its always wanted.

Grisgra
02-17-2006, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree... one day this Christ rejecting world will get exactly what its always wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free pie?

luckyme
02-17-2006, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really give the human species so little credit as to suggest they'll go back to the dark ages policies?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to open an american newspaper without some evidence that there is quite a bit of support for dark age policies. Humans are always just a veneer away from it.

luckyme

RickyG
02-19-2006, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You will need and want it, but won't be able to have it, as you twist slowly on spit turned by the Devil over the pit of hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding, right?

godBoy
02-19-2006, 05:46 AM
before 100 years are over people will pouring into the church because they are finding God through the creative arts, it's true. It will first be noticed in the land down under but creative arts are universal and this will be world-wide.
My prediction, since this is the place for them. The difference is you couldn't find a large group of people repeating what I just wrote 500 or 1000 years ago.
Religion will not be outlawed, it's all been said before.

MidGe
02-19-2006, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
before 100 years are over people will pouring into the church because they are finding God through the creative arts

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if the forces of darkness, ignorance and obscurantism succeed. Hopefully progress will make sure it doesn't.

LeeLoo
02-19-2006, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Free pie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean chips and pie. You get chips and then you get pie. Who wouldn't want free chips and pie?

mackthefork
02-19-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the end of state sponsored murder in the name of god, I think the OP is way off, i give it 50 years max.

Mack

mackthefork
02-19-2006, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you think of anything better than, warm weather, interesting company, and the smell of a good roast? Me neither, good times.

Mack

Hopey
02-19-2006, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the funny part is that BluffTHIS! thinks that he's going to heaven.

CORed
02-21-2006, 01:35 PM
And outlawing religion would end terrorism how?

Hint. Making religion illegal will not make it non-existant: See War on Drugs.

CORed
02-21-2006, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think religion is already obsolete and now Television is the opiate of the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Religion is still the opiate of the masses. Television is the methamphetamine of the masses.

miketurner
02-21-2006, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Religion is still the opiate of the masses. Television is the methamphetamine of the masses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you’re just trying to be clever, but I don’t EVER want to hear you talk that way about television again! /images/graemlins/grin.gif