PDA

View Full Version : River Value Bet???

Steve09797
01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
I probably played this completely wrong. Am I even getting a value bet here on the river? Please feel free to destroy this hand. Thanks in advance.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB

W. Deranged
01-03-2006, 08:11 PM
If your hand is good enough to cap pre-flop, it's probably good enough to bet the flop. So bet the flop. You're often still ahead. Checking gives your hand away and makes it very easy for your opponents to play against you.

The turn is the place to consider checking behind.

River bet is very bad. You are not often getting called by hands like AJ based on the action, and you are never getting opponents with pairs to fold.

Elevens
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
You're in a great position to do a continuation bet on the flop. It's only slightly coordinated, and you probably have the best hand here. Things might have played out a bit different had you bet here.

The only reason people checked to you on the river, because the 5/images/graemlins/club.gif was a scare card.

Nick C
01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I probably would have bet the flop -- for information, mostly /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. There is some benefit to finding out if anyone wants to checkraise the flop or donk the turn even though I (auto-)bet.

After you checked the flop, I think folding to the turn lead from the preflop 3-bettor is something to consider. If he's reasonable, you're probably chopping with him at best, now that that queen is on the board.

On the river, it seems like you could be tied. Betting could get UTG+1 to fold an equal hand, I guess, and if you're really lucky, UTG+1 will fold an equal hand after UTG calls with a worse ace. I probably would have checked behind, but then again no one's really acting like they have a pocket pair or a queen. But maybe the guy with 99 still remembers your preflop cap and is scared of that.