PDA

View Full Version : Flopped bottom set...

Elevens
01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm not really sure about any of the streets.

SB was pretty TAGish over 19.3 / 13 / 3.5 over about 140 hands. I've seen him go too far with hands, but other than that, pretty solid.

The other two were complete [censored]-tards. MP1 is 71 / 16 / 1.5 (only over 31 hands) and the Button is 40 / 0 / .2 over 50 hands.

My intention was not to slowplay, but with SB being so aggressive, me out of position, and two nits behind me, I was just holding on for the ride.

Looking back, I think I was too passive from the flop on.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls $3 (All-In), SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

smoove
01-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I would definitely raise that flop.

W. Deranged
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I like a flop raise. The players behind you are very bad, and will call two cold with tons of junk here. The A means that at least one of your opponents likely has a hand that they will give a lot of action on. Waiting until the turn will often shut out all of your action.

Ideally, you raise, get some cold-callers, and SB three-bets. Then you're money.

As played, cap the turn. MP1 is more likely to have something like As up than 77 or 66. With the flush potential and the button still around, it's definitely necessary to get a lot of money in here.

River is tough once the draw hits. I probably bet and call a raise.

Elevens
01-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I know I should have raised the flop, but all I could think of was, "Crap, he flopped a set of As!"

EDIT: Wait 'til you see the results.

Nick C
01-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I like a flop raise, even though you wouldn't think anyone without a decent draw against top pair would peel for two bets. It's entirely possible someone has an ace and will give you action.

On the turn, MP1's 3-bet is a bit scary, but I would cap. I would cap against just him (77/66 is of course possible, but he's super-loose and probably flopped or turned two pair, or maybe he just has an ace), and I think having the others also in makes the cap easier.

On the river, I think a checkraise is something to consider, since Button is all-in. (He's the most likely one to have hit a flush.) I wouldn't like getting 3-bet by MP1, but he's LAG enough that you might win even if he 3-bets.

pikkupossu
01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
with players that bad in the hand with you. a flop raise fits nicely, since they are capable of calling 2 cold with nothing.

on the turn, with the extra action provide from MP1 (and you got a read he is a total donk) I think that I will want to fit in 5 big bets (of course 6-8 if the river improves me) combined on the turn and river. sooo with that said, i cap the turn and donk the river without fear.

since you have a shortstack (button) i wouldnt mind getting a sidepot going too...thats just me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif so cap the turn, button is all in, then donk the river!

tho that river does suck hard....but i bet you are still good more than your share of times.

breandan
01-04-2006, 02:56 AM
i like raising the flop, capping the turn, and bet-calling the river. but all i did was sum up others thoughts.