PDA

View Full Version : NL50 TPTK

Unknown Soldier
02-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :ks :ad
[color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: :kd :7s :4s ($4.75, 2 players)
[color=#cc0000]CO bets $3</font>, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $9</font>, [color=#cc0000]CO raises to $18</font>. Hero??

reads: a little bit agro, hasn't done anything out of the ordinary though. Seems like an alright player.

sorry forgot to change in to 2+2 now can't get on the convereter site anymore /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tiki
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Scuze me. Flop action unclear. CO leads into UTG???

Suggest you try the converter site again.

Unknown Soldier
02-27-2007, 09:34 AM
converters messed i think the hand went utg limped i am co and raised

corsakh
02-27-2007, 09:37 AM
What do you have to worry about here, push.

ps Perhaps a call is better. I just dont like minreraisers /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unknown Soldier
02-27-2007, 09:40 AM
set? Would KQ play it like this?

corsakh
02-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Maybe, but more likely a draw.

Unknown Soldier
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
what if board was K74r?

corsakh
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
More inclined to call. I just dont see myself folding to minraises without a read.

Genz
02-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Stack sizes?

he can't have TP with a flushdraw, because we have Ks. There are no real straightdraws out there. So he isn't on a combo draw here, quite certainly. So you need to ask yourself if you want to play TPTK for stacks. If villain is overly aggressive with hands like TP with a lower kicker or even middle pairs and ordinary flush draws, you should push. Otherwise I fold here.

Genz
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
More inclined to call. I just dont see myself folding to minraises without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less inclined to call. It takes ordinary flush draws which we are ahead of, out of the equation. He most certainly has a made hand then.

Unknown Soldier
02-27-2007, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Stack sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

100bbs each

corsakh
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Less inclined to call. It takes ordinary flush draws which we are ahead of, out of the equation. He most certainly has a made hand then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that you automatically put anyone who minreraises you on a dry board on a set?

ps I'll try describe my point a little further /images/graemlins/smile.gif

On a K7s4s board, a minreraise can mean many things, from a pair of aces to "oi, i just saw a squirrel" (c). We have a fairly strong hand here against a single opponent, we are in position. Unless I have a strong read on this guy and unless I plan on folding to other minreraises from him and other plyers in the future, I push this hand. Some times he shows you a set, but so be it. More often its a draw, AsQs, KJ or some middle pair.

Now, say we have a K74r board. If he has a set, he has the nuts. And on this board his nuts are safe. 3bets can be of three kinds - build pot, protect hand and bluff. With two streets to go, 100BB stacks I see no reason why he would choose to 3bet rather than check/raise the turn. Protection is out of the question since there is nothng to protect against.. We are left with a bluff, perhaps a semibluff with a flush draw or some middle pair. I dont want to push him out of the pot, I want him to hang himself. Thats why I call.

Genz
02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that you automatically put anyone who minreraises you on a dry board on a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. But it means that I start to worry about how good my TPTK is when I showed strength preflop and on the flop. Then things like image and reads/stats come into play. I don't play TPTK like the nuts against anyone who shows decent resistance against me.

corsakh
02-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Dont get me wrong, I start to worry about a set everytime I see a donkbet or a reraise. Its just in some cases its a little less likely than in the others.