PDA

View Full Version : 30NL 6max: AKo OOP vs very aggressiv player

chasern1
02-27-2007, 07:45 AM
villain is a 40/29/7

Full Tilt Poker
$0.15/$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $115.4
UTG: $29.70
MP: $17.20
CO: $15.75
BTN: $59.55
Hero (SB): $31.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.45, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.80</font>, Hero calls $3.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($16.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif [4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($16.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero ?

Sigurd
02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
I would lead the flop, unless I know that he will bet something like 10$ if checked to.

Since he didn't take the bait on the flop, I definately bet on the turn.

Is this guy the "Lol, I have two cards, I raise"-type postflop, or does he get selective? To me it looks like he may be lagging it up preflop, and are either raising or folding postflop, with much more weight on the folding part. But there really aren't a way of telling that from those stats (folding frequency is an ok stat to figure out stuff like this).

dirtysanchez
02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
bet flop, its drawy and hes loose so he may have hit a FD or OESD on the flop. if im reading it right you have like $23 and change behind so just push the turn now

corsakh
02-27-2007, 09:04 AM
He hit a monster, perhaps a set or AJ at least. Check/call turn, see what the river brings. I would fold to much any aggression here.

ps It was said by Pokey before, but I'll repeat. Whenever a player suddenly acts out of his league and usual pattern, you should be extremely cautious since he usually has a monster. For example, a 30/0/0.2 fish suddenly wakes up on a blank turn, you know you are in trouble. Same with a maniac checking behind in position. This is especially true for bad players. The only question is, what every individual player considers "the nuts". For some it may be AJ, on a JT9m board, for others it may be different.

dirtysanchez
02-27-2007, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He hit a monster, perhaps a set or AJ at least. Check/call turn, see what the river brings. I would fold to much any aggression here.

[/ QUOTE ]

the pot is $16 and we have like $23 behind, not a lot of room to maneuver,

corsakh
02-27-2007, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hero should not be in this pot in the first place. You cant call 4bets with AK, especially OOP. Fold or push.

Stacks are enough for two streets of betting. I call turn, about half the pot, and perhaps fold on the river if he bets again.

chasern1
02-27-2007, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, hero should not be in this pot in the first place. You cant call 4bets with AK, especially OOP. Fold or push.

Stacks are enough for two streets of betting. I call turn, about half the pot, and perhaps fold on the river if he bets again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually fold in situations like this, but i saw him making these moves a couple of times with air, so i called.
The only thing which made me very very suspicious was that he checked behind on the flop, because he was very aggressive on the flop so far, that means he had either a monster or was scared of a raise.
The dilemma on the turn is, if i bet,i can't fold to a raise.

Genz
02-27-2007, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I usually fold in situations like this, but i saw him making these moves a couple of times with air, so i called.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should make you push here instead of calling. Don't let him see the flop. Take the money he splashed around with preflop right there and then. If you call here and you know he could easily have air, you have no clue if he hit the flop and you are in a huge pot oop.

An AF like that can come from a strict fit or fold-tactic, too. It just means that he doesn't call. So you can't value bet him. If you think that he is probably weak but will try to struggle the pot away from you, check/call him down. Let him bluff his stack away. If you say he was very aggressive on the flop, usually, he probably doesn't play fit or fold. So you really should get cautious. The pot is too big to give you any room for maneuvering. So you can't really play bet/fold. I check again and see what he does.

time4adrank
02-27-2007, 10:46 AM
i'd push preflop.