PDA

View Full Version : 10NL Am I beat here?

sebbb
02-26-2007, 10:57 PM
villain is unknown

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($3.80)
Hero ($12.05)
BB ($12.35)
UTG ($3.10)
MP ($10.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $0.50, Button folds.

Turn: ($1.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, MP calls $1.

River: ($3.50) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10.45</font>, MP calls $0.89 (All-In).

Final Pot: $22.65

Machavelli
02-26-2007, 11:15 PM
First, fold pre-flop.

leading the draw is okay but don't do it every time.

Just call MP's raise on the river. 3betting only gets Fulls and A high flush to call.

Nuprin
02-26-2007, 11:16 PM
At this level, I think you see the A or 6 enough that this play is definitely profitable. Perhaps I'm wrong though - i'm sure you'll see the boat at least 10% of the time. This looks like a slow-played set too, but I think i still play the river like you did.

DannyOcean_
02-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I would say this is well played mostly. I think completing is fine with a sooted K and i think the flop bet is fine. I think I check the turn, because a standard villian will not let go of a 5 or a straight draw to a PSB. Fold equity is just crap on this board. As played I think villian more likely hit a straight with an A or a 6, or has trip 3's than he has the A high flush or a full house. nh getting all your money in.

clownslayer2
02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Def fold pre flop... even more especially oop. I think you are ahead here...Most of the time if he has a good hand at the flop, he will be raising to get away the draws. I believe he is drawing himself, probably to the straight i would guess. Since you are betting, I believe he puts you on a weaker hand. you did well leading out with both the straight draw and the flush draw. I think you are going to be ahead the majority of the time and its a call for me at the river unless there is a sick read that this is a really really tight player....which you dont see at 10nl. but again, fold pre flop.

freedom18
02-27-2007, 12:29 AM
this is not a fold preflop guys... half priced in 2 very live cards, it warrents atleast a call.

I like the flop bet although I'd make it about half the pot or 2/3 bc u have equity vs 4 opponents u want atleast 3 to call to make 'money'. the river looks like a set or 4 of a kind 3's lol he really wants to get all his money in without going ALL in and scareing u out but too bad at these stakes I think u have to call it because ur gunna b good atleast half the time

FalconTi0
02-27-2007, 12:31 AM
I call pf and at these levels sets and smaller flushes play this way

GoadToad
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm automatically getting all-in in NL10, but at NL20 it is more opponent dependent and against some opponents I'm calling. In both levels I'm betting full pot on the river though, unless I have a specific read that the opponent may raise light.

evil_ronnie
02-27-2007, 12:38 AM
clown what suited kings are you calling with there. I'd personally call any in that spot. is this being too loose?

HUD-BOT
02-27-2007, 12:44 AM
Yes, you are beta. That's wh y you posted it. RIGHT?

dirtysanchez
02-27-2007, 12:45 AM
why would you fold any suited K preflop? as played vs some players i call river raise, vs most (and id assume almost all)im getting it in

ImprovinNewbie
02-27-2007, 12:50 AM
there is no reason to think so from action? it looks most like your villian hit some flush here and you have the second nut flush. if this is a boat im astonished. its not that its not possible but the cooler card came on the river and how could he know he would get all of your money in on the river playing his boat so passivly on the turn. if i were him and i had pkt 2s or 3s i certainly might have raised the turn a little hoping youd call. if you posted this you must be beat, dont worry too much about it. there are other places where we get our money in behind that is much worse. the calling on the flop and turn make me thing a draw. although and most importantly! i fold this PF. you fired three bullets on the draw, OOP, a huge leak for many of us.

orange
02-27-2007, 02:33 AM
played well. pf is very standard.

Genz
02-27-2007, 02:46 AM
OP is getting 9:1 for his preflop call. Laying down a suited king there is horrible unless OP knows for sure he plays like a donkey postflop...

You have a very nice draw on the flop so I like the bet.
Turn is a little nasty. The board paired and nothing really happend that could make villain fold now when he called on the flop. But many players peel one card off with overs to hit on the turn. So you certainly have some fold equity here.
River is a little nasty, too, because the board is paired. I think I just call here, because I'm scared money, at the moment. But I think you will see an A, 76 or a lone 3 here very often. Villain's line isn't very unambiguous. People will slowplay sets to oblivion. So from his line he could have a boat just as much as he could have the wheel.

Thremp
02-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Only think I'm not always down with is turn donk. But usually end up making it. Unsure if Ax rides along on turn as well. Other streets are well played.

ama0330
02-27-2007, 06:55 AM
I dont really like the turn bet as its basically a bluff and I dont know if you have the FE for it. I suppose you get more money in the pot for when you hit your flush but given that the board has paired and you are drawing to the second nuts I'm not sure that overfilling the pot is good here. So I'd check this turn.

As played on the river Id just call the raise, I dont see the benefit of putting any more money in with the second nut flush on a paired board here, he could have floppped trips and boated the turn. Pretty standard hand but I just call the raise.

Preflop is fine.

iamVillaiNmo
02-27-2007, 06:59 AM
lol...I dont see folding pre here with the price/odds

Seconds. I go broke here most the time.

Tiki
02-27-2007, 07:21 AM
NH. Playing the non-nut flush draws fast is often a good idea, folding out A-xdd can sometimes save your stack.

RollTide77
02-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't see a big problem completing this either as long as you are willing to get away from it on a K high flop if you get too much action. I also wouldn't lead every street. It gets too expensive if you don't hit. Just lead the first and call down if you get 4-1 odds on the rest assuming a K doesn't hit. That's how I play it anyways.

[edit] by too much action I mean a big RR or AI when you haven't hit your flush and the K you have is probably out kicked.