PDA

View Full Version : $25NL 6max Standard Raise?

Speedlimits
02-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Seat 1: SB ($25.35)
Seat 2: BB ($56.70)
Seat 3: UTG ($4.75)
Seat 4: UTG+1 ($27.25)
Seat 5: CO ($34.75)
Seat 6: Hero is Button ($46.70)
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.25, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.25</font>, BB calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.25

matv
02-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I usually bet the flop but the turn raise is fine

Check_The_Nuts
02-26-2007, 11:17 PM
meh probably 30/70-&gt;90/10 on this one. really depends how often they fold.

Gelford
02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
PF is fine

Flop is fine

Turn is something you will have to explain, as I do not get it.

Speedlimits
02-26-2007, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine

Flop is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Min-bet = weakness.

Gelford
02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine

Flop is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Min-bet = weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the two callers ?

Speedlimits
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine

Flop is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Min-bet = weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the two callers ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Squeeze play? Same concept.

Gelford
02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In principle I do agree, here I don't

Several things, one is that 25NL unknowns have been known to be retarded callings stations having so many in a raised pot kinda confirmes this.

Second, well ... 25NL'ers have been also known to not know how to valuebet and often slowplay too much.

And last, what hand could you hold that would be strong and yet check flop (AJ, KJ, QJ?) kinda thing ?

Perhaps you got away with this, but more often than not I am expecting one or several calls here. And shania does not really have to be pleased, your metagames does not need a bluff here.

Speedlimits
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Several things, one is that 25NL unknowns have been known to be retarded callings stations having so many in a raised pot kinda confirmes this.

Second, well ... 25NL'ers have been also known to not know how to valuebet and often slowplay too much.

And last, what hand could you hold that would be strong and yet check flop (AJ, KJ, QJ?) kinda thing ?

Perhaps you got away with this, but more often than not I am expecting one or several calls here. And shania does not really have to be pleased, your metagames does not need a bluff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Picking up pots like this is what increases your winrate. This play will work 90% of the time.

dirtysanchez
02-27-2007, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bolded part only matters against good hand readers (or at least decent ones. all we need here is an overcard to their PPs to scare people who look only at their hand and the board. these min-betting donks are not putting OP on a range.

all that said, this v v v thin, high variance but acceptable

Gelford
02-27-2007, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Picking up pots like this is what increases your winrate. This play will work 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where we disagree, my estimation lies a lot lower than 90% /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is uNL and not MSNL, the way we make money is mostly valuebetting and the way we spew is bluffing too much imho.

freedom18
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
25% of my bluffs work /images/graemlins/frown.gif aka not profitable T_T

dirtysanchez
02-27-2007, 12:36 AM
just as a general PSA: the problem with bluffing at uNL is not that its entirely -EV, its that most uNL players dont bluff in the right spots vs the right players. although it is indeed true that there are less spots in uNL where bluffing will be profitable, bluffs should not be written off just b/c they are bluffs.

haz31
02-27-2007, 02:12 AM
minbet is always always nothing, I'd agree I pick up almost 90% of minbet leads by a decent raise if not more.

Sir Winalot
02-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I would just call preflop. I don't like the turn raise, this is 25nl and it's never going to work often enough to be +ev imo.

Speedlimits
02-27-2007, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just call preflop. I don't like the turn raise, this is 25nl and it's never going to work often enough to be +ev imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise&gt;calling when otb imo.