PDA

View Full Version : 50nl reraised pot - hot or not?

thac
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Villain is typical 2+2 type, auto-reloading when he's under $50.. etc. I don't have HUD running but he's not overly loose or tight.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($55.25)
Hero ($75.45)
SB ($48.75)
BB ($27.85)
UTG ($46.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $4.

Flop: ($12.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($12.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP calls $8.

River: ($28.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>

Speedlimits
02-26-2007, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is typical 2+2 type, auto-reloading when he's under $50.. etc. I don't have HUD running but he's not overly loose or tight.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($55.25)
Hero ($75.45)
SB ($48.75)
BB ($27.85)
UTG ($46.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $4.

Flop: ($12.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($12.75) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP calls $8.

River: ($28.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

call is good pf. bet flop?

poker_n00b
02-26-2007, 09:58 PM
I would reraise slightly more - $6.50, i like that little bit of extra folding equity.

YOU SHOULD C-BET THIS FLOP. You represent big hand and he will be hesitant to reraise you with Qx hands. BET BET BET.

Bonesy
02-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Why no cb? You will fold a lot of better hands and if not, you have a good draw.

Stoneflip
02-26-2007, 10:46 PM
since you committed to the hand with a preflop raise you have to cbet!!!does everyone think the preflop reraise is a good line???

matv
02-26-2007, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
since you committed to the hand with a preflop raise you have to cbet!!!does everyone think the preflop reraise is a good line???

[/ QUOTE ]

against a 2p2er.. definitely. Calling isn't bad too.

You don't think your hand is ahead at the momment but you're looking to take it down pre-flop, on the flop or make a strong hand.

Machavelli
02-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I think you need to Cbet this flop. Depending on villian i'd double barrel on turn if you miss.

River is okay if you have some sort of read that Villian will fold.

thac
02-26-2007, 11:42 PM
What does everyone put me on when I check flop and bet turn when checked to twice? Villain is a thinking player I know that. Obviously it's a bluff. I reraised preflop, so I *should* have AA-TT, AK-AQ or whatever.. and then it's a beautiful river for my "hand" ..

I didn't c-bet because I didn't wanna get c/red off my draw.

Gelford
02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Basically you are representing AK having picked up a gutshot at turn and hit river

The thing that annoys me here is this, would you play AK like this ?

Basically our bluffs should look like our made hands, that is why we bluff ... and sometimes they get called and sometimes they don't, but basically they are protecting our made hands, so the betting pattern in your hand should be the same as the hand you are representing

So basically you have to be able to make sense of the betting pattern and here it smells kinda fishy .... but since I do not know exactly how you play .. there might be some logic to it, I'd love to have it explained though ?

(Alternatively you can bluff when villian reeks of weakness, but no weakness reads are given here, so I ignore this)

thac
02-26-2007, 11:58 PM
I c-bet there probably 50% of the time in a reraised pot. When villain checked to me twice, I figured he's weak and I just try to steal the pot.. I'm trying to not c-bet there every time because when you reraise, everyone magically puts you on AK at uNL.

Gelford
02-27-2007, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I c-bet there probably 50% of the time in a reraised pot. When villain checked to me twice, I figured he's weak and I just try to steal the pot.. I'm trying to not c-bet there every time because when you reraise, everyone magically puts you on AK at uNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically you are pulling a consistent AK bluff hoping that he doesn't have an Ace ... I am not the greatest of fans, but on the other hand it doesn't strike me as bad either.

After pondering this hand, what annoys me is not the river bluff but the turn bet ... The turn bet ... yeah ... I dunno why, but it feels wrong to me.

dirtysanchez
02-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Hot, but bet more on turn and a bit more on the river. be prepared to see AKhh sometimes that missed a flop C/R and decided to call the turn, but i think you def fold out enough to be +EV

Check_The_Nuts
02-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Thac - its OK but I kinda like a big bet here. Like pot sized. Its very possible that you could have rivered a set/straight on him, and impossible for him to have that hand.

thac
02-27-2007, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thac - its OK but I kinda like a big bet here. Like pot sized. Its very possible that you could have rivered a set/straight on him, and impossible for him to have that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I have a set/straight (esp straight), wouldn't I wanna bet smaller for value?

freedom18
02-27-2007, 12:23 AM
u have position use it... bet flop check turn be done with the hand u aren't beating anything w/o improving that calls ur flop bet =[ only thing ur trying to fold is AK