PDA

View Full Version : The Resurection - Christian stupidity!!!

Haunted Ghost
02-26-2007, 08:44 PM
I hate these stupid Christians who believe that Jesus's physical body actually raised to Heaven during the Resurection. The truth is, only His essence - His Spirit - did. Heaven is a spiritual place not a physical place. It would have been unnecessary for His body to go there.

What this means is that even if Jesus's body were found in a perfectly preserved mummified form by future archeologists, the Resurection would still hold true.

I hate these stupid Christans!!!!!

vhawk01
02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate these stupid Christians who believe that Jesus's physical body actually raised to Heaven during the Resurection. The truth is, only His essence - His Spirit - did. Heaven is a spiritual place not a physical place. It would have been unnecessary for His body to go there.

What this means is that even if Jesus's body were found in a perfectly preserved mummified form by future archeologists, the Resurection would still hold true.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good opening salvo, but you might want to save it until they find the tomb. What happens if they find it and his bones AREN'T there?

Neuge
02-26-2007, 09:12 PM
He's just scared this James Cameron documentary could be true and preemptively making up excuses. Yesterday he said the tomb's contents were tampered with by atheists.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=9327174&page=&vc=1

chezlaw
02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would have been unnecessary for His body to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be unnecesary for any of it to happen at all, all god has to do is get you to believe it happens and there's no difference.

chez

Cumulonimbus
02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
ziiing

Haunted Ghost
02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
The boxes were found in 1980 with remains in them. Now, they're gone.

whiskeytown
02-27-2007, 03:58 AM
not only do Christians believe he was physically resurrected - but also that every one of us will have the same thing happen to us on the last days - even you /images/graemlins/smile.gif - The early church was very insisting on this doctrinal point as passed down from the Apostles and Paul that this would be the case and that everyone dead is actually sleeping till the end of days -

on the surface, it's nuts - but as the story goes, the apostles were 12 spinless cowards, who after seeing him raise someone from the dead themselves, scattered like smoke after he was killed -

a few weeks later they're being persecuted for preaching they believed he was physically resurrected - otherwise I don't think Christianity would have lasted past the execution of Jesus -

3 days later he's eating fish in front of them - how many ghosts eat fish?

SO...nah nah nah nah nah right back at ya. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

yukoncpa
02-27-2007, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not only do Christians believe he was physically resurrected - but also that every one of us will have the same thing happen to us on the last days - even you - The early church was very insisting on this doctrinal point as passed down from the Apostles and Paul that this would be the case and that everyone dead is actually sleeping till the end of days -

on the surface, it's nuts - but as the story goes, the apostles were 12 spinless cowards, who after seeing him raise someone from the dead themselves, scattered like smoke after he was killed -

a few weeks later they're being persecuted for preaching they believed he was physically resurrected - otherwise I don't think Christianity would have lasted past the execution of Jesus -

SO...nah nah nah nah nah right back at ya.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. This was also my understanding of the early Christian beliefs and I wanted to reply, but didn’t feel qualified. The thing is, Haunted Ghost, and any Christian, has nothing to worry about over this. It won’t prove anything.
I do however envy the idea. What a great way to make many millions of dollars.

ChrisV
02-27-2007, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not only do Christians believe he was physically resurrected - but also that every one of us will have the same thing happen to us on the last days - even you /images/graemlins/smile.gif - The early church was very insisting on this doctrinal point as passed down from the Apostles and Paul that this would be the case and that everyone dead is actually sleeping till the end of days -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence is that the very early Christians did not believe this. The eating fish story IIRC only occurs in John. At any rate, it's only in the later of the gospels. It appears it was invented later to win a theological argument. See here (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/resurrection/lecture.html).

PairTheBoard
02-27-2007, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidence is that the very early Christians did not believe this. The eating fish story IIRC only occurs in John. At any rate, it's only in the later of the gospels. It appears it was invented later to win a theological argument. See here (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/richard_carrier/resurrection/lecture.html).

[/ QUOTE ]

A most excellent link.

PairTheBoard

jedi
02-27-2007, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heaven is a spiritual place not a physical place. It would have been unnecessary for His body to go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you an expert on Heaven?

Mickey Brausch
02-27-2007, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, aren't they morans?????

Insp. Clue!So?
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ghost, ever notice how funny other people's religions are?

justscott
02-28-2007, 04:14 AM
I wish DS would not use alt accounts.