PDA

View Full Version : Video - NL25 at FTP

Triggerle
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Someone suggested I make a video of my adventures in NL25, so I made a small 30 min. video today of me 2-tabling NL25 6max at FTP. As it turned out the video is quite representative of the way my sessions generally go.

Sadly, I don't have a microphone so I'll give you some of my general thoughts.

pre-flop:
I'm pretty tight as it is but have tightened down in early postions even more as was suggested to me by some people who reviewed my play in the last week. Let me know if you see blatant pre-flop errors.

post-flop:
The same people told me that I shut down to aggression too rapidly and generally play to passive post-flop, which leads to me being run over. I tried to adjust a bit by not always readyly giving up without showing any strength post-flop. These plays are made with the knowledge that I will have to fold to further aggression in order to set up for the times I actually have something. Let me know where I spew.

reads:
The guy on my immediate left on the left table was 50/14/4
The guy who 3bet me several times on the right table had a pre-flop raise of under 10%.

Video is 40MB, encoded with the XVID codec, and best viewed on a 1600x1200 display. I also previewed it on my laptop and it still does display well at 1280.

Any comments are welcome.

(I might go get a microphone tomorrow for future videos)

download here (type in the letters on the top right) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KB80B8Q0)

thing85
02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
I think I gain the most from watching videos when I can hear the author's thought process out loud. Otherwise, it gets boring fast and I really don't learn much.

Props for putting out a video though.

IsaacAsimov
02-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Nice that you found the time to make a video, audio makes a big difference imo though.

Triggerle
02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I'll definitely go out and buy a microphone tomorrow.

Gelford
02-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Minutes 7.50

An AJs hand, one limper (mattman) ... you raise it from CO and BTN (shoener) 3-bets.

Image, well your image is kinda meh, as you been pwning the limper with 3-bets recently (AQ and KK though), so schoener could be on a steal.
I tend to give him credit here, it is the first time he shows aggression and vs. an unknowns 3-betting range AJ does not fare well OOP.

You hit a flush draw with two overs, the question is whether your overs are live, both the jack and the ace might be dominated, so the old checkraise all-in with a draw seems less good here than ordinarily, but then again there is some dead money, so it might be OK here, FE does not have to be very big to make it profitable.

Still I lean towards folding pf

Around 14.10
Schoener raises first in from btn and gets a call from BB, flop is KQx monotone and it is checked down all the way til showdown, Schoener shows ATo .... reinforces above read, many would take a stab at the pot here. (admitted turn is a fourth hearth killing all action.
As the video progresses, he seems like a positionally aware player and solid and at this point I figure him as being decent.

(OK, I now notice that you actually gave PAHUD numbers on schoener in OP, with these in mind is a clear fold pf in hand 1, but I've decided to keep the above as it is, as it gives a picture of me reading)

Around 23.40
You hold T9s on the btn and co (madril) opens pot for the second time in a row, you call in position ... I would 3 bet this, I wanted to play it and btw here I'd like to play it. (in this case BB (came over the top and you both fold, but that has nothing to do with the decision at hand)

But yes, this is awfull without sound, uNL poker is fairly boring as you mostly go fold fold, standard, fold fold etc.

Basically your game seems solid, as I've previously said /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ama0330
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
AUDIO COMMENTARY IMMINENT!

Currently uploading an MP3 for you. Ill post it up when its done.

ama0330
03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Okay its up. Have a copy of trigs video open and open the MP3 in winamp or whatever.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZF7UO3NQ

Let me know what you think /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gustav
03-01-2007, 07:14 PM
"Download limit exceeded"? Bloody hell...

the_muppeteer
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I also got that on the mp3...

Triggerle
03-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Just refresh a couple times then it should download.

ama0330
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Is it working for anybody?

Triggerle
03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
It worked for me.

I just finished listening to it. Many thanks! I got a lot out of your commentary. What I found particulary interesting is your comments on the AJ hand in combination with your commentary of me being pushed around:

Before the video I had exchanged hand histories with a study buddy and the first thing he said was that people were pushing me around and taking hands away from me left and right. So I said "OK, let's post some of these hands" and he responded that the hands in isolation were fine and would in all likelyhood result in agreement when posted. Yet, me giving up so often would get noticed by the others and they would start to make plays at me all the time while folding immediately if I had any kind of good hand and thus denying me action.

I think the AJ hand was based on me misapplying this piece of advice. Even worse, I managed to misapply it by losing 8 bucks and still look weak in doing so.

I am quite familiar with this misapplication thing. Back when I was learning limit I picked up SSHE and proceeded to lose big trying to apply the concepts in there. As in this video session I constantly picked the wrong spots.

Anyway. While the video was made out of frustration over not being able to win anymore and had little tutorial value I can now highly recommend downloading it along with your mp3 commentary.

One last word about the AQ hand. I 3bet there because (1) I wanted villian to fold but more importantly because (2) I wanted to set up for my big hands (AA, KK) since I have been only winning the blinds lately with those.

Tjorriemorrie
03-02-2007, 04:16 AM
can't download it. no slots for my country......isn't there other sites where you can upload the video to?

Triggerle
03-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Just refresh a couple times. Megaupload is like that sometimes.