PDA

View Full Version : 25NL, 4-way pot, semi-deep, TPTK got check-minraised.

MirroRobin
02-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm having really big trouble lately coping with check-minraises. I really act like a nitt every time someone does it to me, folding something like 8 or 9 out of 10 times.

These kind of problems are probably well documented all over these forums, but I couldn't find anything relevant quickly.

Villain played about 30/10/1.5 at that moment, after about 50 hands. Am I a playing like a nitt and is this a really bad fold? What is the correct action?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($26)
Hero ($31.15)
Button ($25)
SB ($25.35)
BB ($43.90)
UTG ($37.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, Button calls $1.20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.95, MP calls $0.95.

Flop: ($4.90) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.7</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9.4</font>, MP folds, Hero?

LOwrestling2001
02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
call and re-evaluate turn.

Genz
02-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I hate these situations as well. What's troubling me here is that BB made the move with a field of players in the hand. So I don't think that he is just stealing here. His stats aren't aggressive enough. So it's pretty unlikely that does this with just a flush draw. You can call here and reevaluate on the turn since you are getting 4:1 which is pretty decent. But I don't think it's too nitty to fold here.

Gustav
02-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Hardly a field of players, button has already folded and MP folds 99% facing two cold. Still, I'd probably fold on the flop. I don't trust information from players enough at these stakes to reevaluate.

TheGrifter
02-26-2007, 05:42 PM
You have the king of spades, so fold.

EMc
02-26-2007, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This leans me to a call. And I think folding TPTK this quick is too weak.

gumpzilla
02-26-2007, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His point is that you can't include K-and-flush draws in your opponents holdings. This effect is likely to be much bigger than the slim possibility of backdooring a flush that will win.

Michael Fish
02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I dunno, minicheck raises really suck. I really do think that when it happens it usually means you're miles ahead or a long way behind. As it was a multiway pot i'd be inclinded to think the former as most of the time people don't pull too many moves in these spots. Heads up I'd more than likely call it.

In anycase you're ok making the call given the odds and see what the turn brings and take it from there. Folding isn't such a terrible play though.

TheGrifter
02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize if you do anything but fold you're playing for stacks here a large % of the time right?

Folding isn't a no-brainer here as weaker Kings ARE a part of his range, I think that they're a smaller part of his range than hands that beat us and the reverse implied odds are not good.