PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL flopped set, turned boat...

EJXD2
02-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Comments on all streets appreciated.

Hero just sat down with $25 and posted $.25, so no reads. Villain is under the gun with $9.85 behind.

Villain calls $.25, two folds to hero in MP who raises to $1.25 with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Everyone folds to villain who calls.

($2.85)
FLOP: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain and hero check

($2.85)
TURN: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain bets $2.85; hero calls...

I feel like maybe I should have bet the flop but once I filled up on the turn and he led there was no use for agression at that point.

Triggerle
02-26-2007, 04:05 PM
You need to bet the flop. If he folds you won't get much more out of him anyway. As played I would raise the turn because if he folds then he would check/fold the river anyway. If he however calls, you at least built up some kind of pot in order to get more money in on the river.

Marshall28
02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
i dont think u need to bet the flop. i mean, unless you dont have the ability to fold the hand when villain tells you hes got you beat.

by the time you make the 2nd nuts, you gotta raise, there wont be any sizable pot on the river and you just wont make the type of money you should be making w/ a hand like this.

marvin_1935
02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think u need to bet the flop. i mean, unless you dont have the ability to fold the hand when villain tells you hes got you beat.

by the time you make the 2nd nuts, you gotta raise, there wont be any sizable pot on the river and you just wont make the type of money you should be making w/ a hand like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, if you just call the turn bet the pot will be 8.55 and villain will have 7 behind . . .

bet the flop for value. you don't want scare cards falling on the turn

Triggerle
02-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Sorry, missed the stack sizes. Yes, with him not having much behind building a pot on the turn becomes less of a concern.

slickss
02-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Bet the flop to build a pot and to charge him for drawing.

Calling the turn I think is fine, it allows him to bluff the river.

Marshall28
02-26-2007, 04:24 PM
sorry, i shoulda paid more attention

KurtSF
02-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Put me in the "bet flop and call turn" camp. Allin on the river no matter what.

AceLuby
02-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Bet flop, if called he's probably checking the turn, in which case you bet out again. If he leads w/ that 4 I would just call and see if he'll do it again on the river. My guess is he's drawing to one out at best, probably none though.

Genz
02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
The flop is just too unlikely to have hit him. He is almost certain to fold to a bet. You have no fear at all to give him a free card. He is quite short and has only a little more than 8 left. So I like a check and hope that he catches something or tries to steal or thinks that you are stealing when you bet the turn. He is so short that you probably only need two streets to get his money in if he has something.

I flat call on the turn here. The pot is more than $8 then and he has only about 5.5 left. So you have a good chance to get it all-in then.

KurtSF
02-26-2007, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have no fear at all to give him a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY?

Try this turn:

Villain calls $.25, two folds to hero in MP who raises to $1.25 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif . Everyone folds to villain who calls.

($2.85)
FLOP: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain and hero check

($2.85)
TURN: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets $2.85; hero ... ?

Now what?

Genz
02-26-2007, 05:08 PM
oh crap. I saw a diamond for a rainbow board there. my bad. I still flat call. He is too short to price himself in with that psb. He will be break even at best and I have great odds to fill up.

Gustav
02-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Everyone is always talking about how terrible it is to play against the evil shortstacks. Well, this is one of the perks; we can let him hang himself here. He's gonna desperation push the river a lot.

We can't always fear the flush draw just because the board is two suited. If villain checks the turn, make a decent bet.

Gustav
02-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Oh, and the 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif scenario looks like an easy push. Now a single heart can call us. Are you really afraid of the flush here for villains puny stack?

Thremp
02-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Everything after preflop is terrible.