PDA

View Full Version : AK on BB vs several coldcallers

zaephyr
02-26-2007, 02:35 PM
I come accros such situation atleast 2 times a day and dont know what to do?
villian here is very loose calling station, he probably has pocket pair suited brodways or strong A.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($20)
UTG ($20.25)
MP ($17.97)
CO ($20.75)
Button ($24.45)
SB ($12.96)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.25</font>, MP calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

Dr_Mabuse101
02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
I would raise to 5-6 and see what happens. You are OOP. So try to win it right here.

eiseC
02-26-2007, 02:59 PM
what ? UTG raises big, MP and SB calls and then reraise high with AKo ? i think there is KK or AA out there ^^

dirtysanchez
02-26-2007, 03:01 PM
stats on UTG? unless hes a nit i pot the [censored] out of it

crushednuts
02-26-2007, 03:12 PM
This is a clear raise. You certainly can't fold and calling OOP would not be a great idea. Gotta find out where you are at. Unless UTGs PFR is like 2% I would def RR here.

zaephyr
02-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Utg was something like 70/20/1, and i really doubted he had AA KK.

If u pot/raise pre-flop, what do u do on flop? I mean its easy
to c-bet if u hit.

wulfpacker21
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
fold your out of position the whole way and your sure to get a caller if you raise and you'll be at best in a race or completely dominated

crushednuts
02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If u pot/raise pre-flop, what do u do on flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you miss it really depends on the flop. He is pretty loose PF so his range definitely includes hands you can beat even if you don't hit. However, if the flop is like QJx or T98 you start to run out of hands you beat. If rags come out i'm going to rep an overpair and see what he does

If you get called in all spots then you pretty much have to hit it or forget it

crushednuts
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I disagree with folding. The PF raiser has reasonably loose raising standards. I would still come over the top here despite being OOP.
The opponent isn't aggressive after the flop either

ImprovinNewbie
02-26-2007, 03:30 PM
reraise and fold to a shove.

Wotsmycode
02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold your out of position the whole way and your sure to get a caller if you raise and you'll be at best in a race or completely dominated

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

Bump it to 5.75

marvin_1935
02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PUKE.

reraise and gambooooooool with a push

Check_The_Nuts
02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I think I go $8 here. I don't think a 6 dollar raise is big enough.

gumpzilla
02-26-2007, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I go $8 here. I don't think a 6 dollar raise is big enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

At that point, you're kinda pot committed anyway if you get called, since you'll have 12 left behind in a pot that's going to be 20ish. Meaning you'd almost be priced in to try and hit a potential 6 outer. Because of that, if you're going to raise, I say push. Alternatively, I don't have too much of a problem with calling and checking the flop, c/f if you whiff and c/r if you hit. That would be my usual line in this spot.

fees
02-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Raise, if you get reraised you're calling, UTG is loose, MP MIGHT have KK/AA unlikely, and you definitly have SB beat. Any complaints?

Check_The_Nuts
02-26-2007, 04:09 PM
gump - if you push here that means your not squeezing, cuz thats too much to put in on a squeeze. So I dunno $8 seems good, but at the same time yeah your going to be potstuck on the flop.

I think if you reraise $6 [censored] UTG might call, which may very well set off 3 calls. Ugh.

gumpzilla
02-26-2007, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gump - if you push here that means your not squeezing, cuz thats too much to put in on a squeeze. So I dunno $8 seems good, but at the same time yeah your going to be potstuck on the flop.

I think if you reraise $6 [censored] UTG might call, which may very well set off 3 calls. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, raising seems awkward to me here, which is why I'd usually call and play it passive. That said, shoving isn't likely to be too bad here.

zaephyr
02-26-2007, 05:07 PM
I didnt really think about callin or folding here at the time, i was more into what kind a raise or push.
I think just call here is quite good vs calling stations

Anyway i raised to 6 and got called by utg. Flop is qt5 i push he insta call with hes sixes.

Check_The_Nuts
02-26-2007, 05:15 PM
z - Obviously getting all in here with 12 outs versus any pair is fine.

Genz
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
$6 is too little here with 2 callers. $8 leaves you pot commited. AK likes to see all 5 community cards. So I maximize my fold equity against stupid callers and push here.

ama0330
02-26-2007, 05:24 PM
To all those saying raise, we basically turn our hand into a bluff... id raise here with 72o but not AKo. I think that I hate my hand right now. Whats your plan when you get called in 2 spots and the flop comes KQ9 two suited? I dont like a raise here.

If you want to raise you have to prove that raising carries with it a greater value than either calling or folding and I think that is going to be very difficult in the worst possible position with AKo when you may be drawing dead to an ace or king and you cant control the pot size (which is rapidly growing).

I would flat call here and hit a colossal flop, otherwise just check fold flop. At higher stakes you can definitely raise this and play some poker but villains UTG raising range + 3 bet call range + 4bet push ranges are just too unpredictable to justify felting this hand. I call here.

ViolentGandhi
02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
The only thing I do different here is bet 3/4 pot and call a push. The allin bet sometimes looks suspect and you'll probably get called more often than not. The 3/4 pot bet seems to work out a lot better for me.

ama0330
02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awful advice. You are basically advocating putting an entire buyin in the pot when you are a known underdog and may be drawing stone dead.

Check_The_Nuts
02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
ama - considering fish calls with 66 and stacks off on broadway flops I really don't see why repopping here is a bad idea. I think it would also be good with TT-AA considering how dumb the guy is.

I don't like calling cuz the pot will be so big and your playing a hand that hits TPTK all the time. I def call here with suited connector always, but not AK....

also winning a pot this sized preflop would be pretty nice, its already a big pot (like 3.75?)...

Thremp
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
PSR and call push.

dirtysanchez
02-26-2007, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To all those saying raise, we basically turn our hand into a bluff... id raise here with 72o but not AKo. I think that I hate my hand right now. Whats your plan when you get called in 2 spots and the flop comes KQ9 two suited? I dont like a raise here.

If you want to raise you have to prove that raising carries with it a greater value than either calling or folding and I think that is going to be very difficult in the worst possible position with AKo when you may be drawing dead to an ace or king and you cant control the pot size (which is rapidly growing).

I would flat call here and hit a colossal flop, otherwise just check fold flop. At higher stakes you can definitely raise this and play some poker but villains UTG raising range + 3 bet call range + 4bet push ranges are just too unpredictable to justify felting this hand. I call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

original raiser is 70/20, everyone else is dead money 95% of the time, why cant we call his push?

Thremp
02-26-2007, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awful advice. You are basically advocating putting an entire buyin in the pot when you are a known underdog and may be drawing stone dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at poker.

Triggerle
02-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Someone with a 20% preflop raise will have a narrower range UTG. Given the fact that he is 70% VPIP indicates that he is not the best player and might not even be positional aware, though. AK is a coinflip or better against anything but AA/KK so I don't mind a push.

If somebody could elaborate why we should 3-bet and call a push instead of pushing right away I would be grateful.

Check_The_Nuts
02-26-2007, 11:00 PM
lol thremp down here is A+.

dirtysanchez
02-26-2007, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone with a 20% preflop raise will have a narrower range UTG. Given the fact that he is 70% VPIP indicates that he is not the best player and might not even be positional aware, though. AK is a coinflip or better against anything but AA/KK so I don't mind a push.

If somebody could elaborate why we should 3-bet and call a push instead of pushing right away I would be grateful.

[/ QUOTE ]

personal preference honestly. i think its too much of an overbet and it wouldnt look right coming from me, but its not really a big deal either way. i also think a 70/20 pushes a lot of hands we are way ahead of if we do this

rakes.a.beach
02-27-2007, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

personal preference honestly. i think its too much of an overbet and it wouldnt look right coming from me, but its not really a big deal either way. i also think a 70/20 pushes a lot of hands we are way ahead of if we do this

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!! Why do we keep thinking we're up against AA/KK here if UTG pushes? UTG is 70/20 here and COULD push with AQ/AJ heck, maybe even A8. With an extra six bucks in the pot 20 to win 26, I'll push with AK against UTG's 4-bet range anyday.

Machavelli
02-27-2007, 01:43 AM
Re-raise. I'd pop it to 7.

Thremp
02-27-2007, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol thremp down here is A+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like when yvessaint posted in one of my SSNL threads and got ripped like a year ago.

Big Poppa Smurf
02-27-2007, 02:23 AM
just re-pot it and c-bet

orange
02-27-2007, 02:27 AM
lol at AK turning into 72o.

reraise here, call a shove. AK multiway sucks nuts.