PDA

View Full Version : AK UTG and only BB calls

NB_Gambler
01-03-2006, 07:41 PM
BB = 16/7/0.8 92 hands

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.25 BB

Bet the turn or call the river?

damaniac
01-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Easy river fold, I think an easy turn bet. So little you beat on the river, but you're still ahead of a fair amount of hands on the turn, don't have a ton of outs if beaten so folding to a c/r isn't a disaster, and you probably don't get bluffed out of as many pots the odd time you are good on the end by betting the turn.

W. Deranged
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
A couple of thoughts:

1. I think you should probably fire again on the turn. With all low cards, you hand may still be good, and if your opponent has a hand like QT or something you'd like to encourage a fold.

2. On the river, conventional wisdom (and many good books) will note that you should be very careful about folding AK u/i on the river if you check behind the turn. Here, though, your opponent seems pretty passive, and the river put up a card that could very reasonably have made your opponent a better hand. In a small pot, I think folding the river given the specific situation is probably best.

Sleyde
01-03-2006, 07:55 PM
bet turn check river ... standard ... I agree with previous posters.