PDA

View Full Version : NL25 JTs in 6-way pot

jshok
02-26-2007, 03:30 AM
Hey guys, new to site and to poker and trying to improve my game. Let me know if you have any advice on this hand. No reads on any of the other players.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $.10/$.25
9 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.50, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $12</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($25.50, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $9.90</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $9.90 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $25.50

I'm putting the villain on 2 pair here with such aggressive betting out of position in an unraised pot. Should I have pushed on the flop when I was 3-bet? As it was played, should I have called the all-in on the turn? I know I would have been putting $10 into a $35 pot which would be justified if all my 12 outs were good (diamond or 9), but can I be certain that the villain is not on a higher flush draw?

Thanks for any help you can provide, glad to be a part of the 2p2 community.

b2l_cricket
02-26-2007, 04:21 AM
I would probably just push the flop. Calling the turn is probably slightly +EV. I think he probably has a set a lot of the time and when he has a set calling is slightly -EV. But he has other hands enough to make it ok. I don't think he has a better flush draw very much, if he does you still have 10 outs so it's not a big deal.

MickChecker
02-26-2007, 05:02 AM
I don't like your preflop call, because I don't like to play this kind of hands OOP.
But I also would push the flop, because I do think that you have to call his turn bet, so why not get it in on the flop and add some fold equity?

orange
02-26-2007, 05:02 AM
I would raise the flop harder. $6 seems fine.

After he reraises, I would either shove or fold. His stack size doesnt leave much room for calling, and it makes turn play awkward.

ssdex
02-26-2007, 05:07 AM
get it in on the flop, lots of fold equity here, no reason to just smooth call, if you hit turn its not going to change the result of the hand much....... as played, you have to call turn 3.5-1 is plenty good enough vs his average holding be it set or two pair or even as weak as A Q from time to time.

jpc001
02-26-2007, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise the flop harder. $6 seems fine.

After he reraises, I would either shove or fold. His stack size doesnt leave much room for calling, and it makes turn play awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your raise to $4 definitely won't get him to fold, and once he reraises, its a push or fold. (note his awkward $9 push on the turn)

Also, welcome to 2p2, you might want to try the Full Ring (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=FR) forum for responses more tailored to FR play.

ADK
02-26-2007, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dirtysanchez
02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
raise flop harder, as played push flop, as played call turn

Bonesy
02-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Villain put in over half his stack on the flop. I doubt he is folding to hero's push. I still push though.

TheGrifter
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Don't raise the flop.

There are still two people playing behind you and if you hit you're an overwhelming favorite to win. In general if you are drawing you want to keep people in not push them out with silly min-raises.

If this pot was HU then you def. want to raise the flop to try to take it down.