View Full Version : NL25 6max AA

Spurgu
02-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Villain is 17/7/2.53 over 417 hands

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.15, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.15, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $54.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $47.5 returned to Hero.

River: : ($71.65, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $71.65)

Results:
Final pot: $71.65

Should I just 4-bet the flop and fold to a push or just call the turn and call his ai / bet ai on the river? All comments appreciated thank you.
Villain is 17/7/2.53 over 417 hands

closer
02-25-2007, 07:28 PM
What are the stack sizes?

Spurgu
02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, sorry this is my first post so I messed it up with the converter but villain had 100bb and I had him covered.

closer
02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
I would set him all in on the turn.

Antinome
02-25-2007, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would set him all in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

As would I. but I would bet an amount that covers him, not my whole stack, and not his exact stack.

Betting his exact stack is too 'in control', too zeroed in on getting all his chips. too strong.

Betting your whole stack says, "even if you had this much I'd still be all in." also too strong.

Betting 17, well, that's just a raise. If it happens too put him all-in; oh well I didn't notice.

That's my theory anyway.

Sigurd
02-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I think I would fold to his checkraise on the flop, unless I had him down as someone who makes checkraises as steals/with top pair.

ama0330
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I fold the turn, Im amazed you got away with this.

Antinome
02-25-2007, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold the turn, Im amazed you got away with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT+ ought to 3bet preflop, so if he gets called I ought to expect exactly 66 or JTs. What else calls our push? a weirdly played overpair?

So maybe pushing isn't best, but can folding be right? I see AJ, KJ, KQ, 89 or that odd overpair too often. As often as JT or 66 anyway. And if he's on the draw, do we want to see 7,A,K, Q, or J fall on the river and then pay him off? Bah.

No, I'll stand by the push. Even people with 17/7 stats are often very bad and will call with KQ, KJ, AJ when they have this much committed. I can't pretend it is super profitable, but I think it is close with folding. Closer than I originally thought.

take a look at how this hand was played, for example: 2+2 hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=9326470&amp;an=0&amp;page=0&amp;gone w=1#UNREAD)

nutsboy
02-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Why just call the CR on the flop then push turn? What was your plan after calling the CR? I mean, if you were thinking of shoving regardless of his turn bet, why not just shove it on the flop?

As played, I like the push on the turn too. His turn bet looks like a block bet. Maybe he has AJ, KJ, or paired up his T.

Thremp
02-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Flop is pretty dry.

I call turn.

Check_The_Nuts
02-25-2007, 11:26 PM
nuts - no offence but I think your way off here. I think villians range could be KQcc, 89cc (even tho bluff betting this turn is suicide) and JT/set, and if he just calls preflop with KK/QQ then he may overplay them postflop (which would suck for you). If your pushing here your hoping he has a really badly played AJ or QQ/KK, otherwise ur probably toast. With AA you can probably push, but I'd fold QQ/KK here with the given info...

Pushing flop really sucks. That flop is crazy dry, it would be a ton for villian to call your overpush too (cuz he check-raised so small). He's not gunna stack off with AJ on that flop, your gunna only stack QQ/KK there and mostly see sets and two pair.

Thremp - Fold to river bet? Call river bet? I think only scare cards are a K/Q maybe a club...but hard to not pay off if he's got FD?