PDA

View Full Version : I'm at nit 25NL

spacetime
02-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I was sitting out for a few hands, come back into the following hands on all of my viewable tables: AA, AKs, AK, JJ. I think I may have been a little concerned with other hands here.

Only problem is the following hand, I am not sure what to do PF here because villain is 14/10/1.66 over 300 hands, living up to his 'supertight' name. Seems to be solid. I think this is a clear fold on the flop, or am I way off here? I am probably 20/15 at the table.

Converter sucks:

25NL, Villain has $30, hero covers, 6 handed.

Hero is UTG with AKo, raises to $1. Villain in MP RR to $3. Hero calls?

Flop KQ6 rainbow. Hero checks, Villan bets $6 to ~$6.50. Hero folds.

I suck?

Unknown Soldier
02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
call and reevaluate. If he 3bs really tight then you can fold this because you only beat JJ

spacetime
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Well my thoughts were that PF the only things he are RR are AA, KK, QQ, AK, JJ, mmaaaybe 1010 and AQs but I don't think so.

ama0330
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
This hand is fine, I play it exactly the same, though I might bet 4 or 5 on the flop and fold to a raise or shutdown on a call. A guy this tight pretty much has it here.

ama0330
02-25-2007, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call and reevaluate. If he 3bs really tight then you can fold this because you only beat JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that calling here is terrible as you pot commit yourself to a hand which is wa/wb out of position against a tight and aggressive villain who is more than capable of moving you off a better hand. I really dont like a call and re-evaluate here, I think its an expensive way to draw to 5 outs which might not even be clean.

OP, AKo out of position in a rr pot and AKo in position when you are the 3 bettor are two completely different hands. Dont think of them as the same, even though the hole cards are the same, because they are just not the same hand, period. Id never flame anyone for folding here.

Unknown Soldier
02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
you don't pot comit yourself, is this guy capable of making moves? If not there's no point in raising, better hands call/raise, worse hands fold and AK probably pushes you off. I don't like folding TPTK to a cbet either so that's why I like calling.

ama0330
02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
IMO thinking any higher than first level in a rr pot at 25nl versus this guy is excessive and I think that given the 3bet and pot lead our hand is now junk. I dont see this situation as profitable at all and I think that a fold is best. I also think that if you call this bet on the flop you are going to end up playing for stacks anyway becuase there is about zero chance that this guy re-raises pre, leads the flop for a full pot then checks the turn?? If you call this flop bet you are playing for stacks IMO. This is just never anything but a monster.

Unknown Soldier
02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he 3bs really tight then you can fold this because you only beat JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I did say that, however I have noticed that some players 3b quite light. So it comes down to reads. You can definitely get away from this if he bets the turn though.

ama0330
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Im happy to agree to disagree, and maybe its a Party Poker thing, but light 3betting is non-existant and this level of aggression from a player this solid is unexploitable. To me these situations are neutral EV when played perfectly and there is a real propensity to make a mess of it OOP and for that reason I think that it is higher EV to release the hand and look for more profitable situations.

Unknown Soldier
02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah you're probably right actually

mvdgaag
02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I'd raise one more preflop. This is one of the flops you played for, isn't it? If it's not; you should have folded preflop in my opinion. Too bad there's a Q out there but that shouldn't stop you from going for it. I put him on AK, AQs or a big pair. It's probably not aces if you 3bet preflop and he didn't move in on you, so you are probably not in very bad shape. You didn't 3bet prelop, but I'd still go for it here.

ama0330
02-25-2007, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise one more preflop. This is one of the flops you played for, isn't it? If it's not; you should have folded preflop in my opinion. Too bad there's a Q out there but that shouldn't stop you from going for it. I put him on AK, AQs or a big pair. It's probably not aces if you 3bet preflop and he didn't move in on you, so you are probably not in very bad shape. You didn't 3bet prelop, but I'd still go for it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4bet preflop here would require villain to be 3betting light as we would not be able to call AI with just AKo to a 14/10's push. Given what I said about 3betting light (ie. it just doesnt happen at 25nl) its pretty unlikely that there is any FE in a 4bet here so for that reason I think its a waste of money.

An ideal flop for this hand would be a naked Ace or King or two pair of some kind eg A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. THis would put us in reasonable stead versus villains range. As it is on this flop we are a bit screwed as most of the hands which villain would have 3bet preflop now kill us.

br.bm
02-25-2007, 07:21 PM
hell ... if you c/f TPTK just fold preflop ... what did you want to flop??
Folding AK pf oop against rocks isnt bad though.

As played definatly bet/fold the flop.