PDA

View Full Version : tptk oop - checking turn

Piece of Cake
02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
With the draw out there, I should have led the turn being oop and not attempted pot control... any advice for the turn? As played do I have any place calling this river bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($116.85)
Hero ($106)
BB ($57.75)
UTG ($76.95)
MP ($68.55)
CO ($50.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($3) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($7) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($15) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $11</font>, Hero ???

evil_ronnie
02-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Definately would have bet near pot on turn. As played I would call this. It seems like he's trying to push you off your hand.

Smilin'
02-25-2007, 06:11 PM
I'd lead turn, especially because this is a blind battle and so his standards are likely to be looser--I think worse 10's make up a lot of his range, and they probably call drawing slim.

On river... reads help a lot. If he floats with air or bluffed in the past, I'm inclined to call. Or if he thinks any TP is the nuts, I'd call. If he seems like a solid player... I probably fold. Trouble is, even the gutshot straight draw got there on the river, so there really aren't any busted draws that make this move. And a weaker T will check behind a lot of the time. So he's more likely than usual to have a real hand here, IMHO.