PDA

View Full Version : X-Posted from OOT - James Cameron finds Jesus' Tomb

Prodigy54321
02-25-2007, 02:49 PM
..thread in OOT....can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=9316014&p age=0&fpart=1)

link to the article (http://time-blog.com/middle_east/)

gogogogogogog

Prodigy54321
02-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I seriously doubt that anything will come of this..or if it even has ANY truth to it...still, I'm sure this will be entertaining at the very least. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

madnak
02-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah, it could do more harm than good, though. There's no way to validate something like that, so it will just be an attack on the Christians, and that will only increase their attachment to Christianity and their conviction that atheists are horrible, violent, immoral people.

Pauwl
02-25-2007, 05:08 PM
"gg Christianity."

lol, OOT is pretty funny sometimes.

I wonder how much controversy this will actually create. It depends on the validity of their evidence (dna, etc). It's enough to make me want to see the documentary though which makes me suspect the credibility of their claims.

btw, if you click on the link to the article, you have to click on the entry for Feb.23 to see the Jesus article.

whiskeytown
02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I sorta got a kick out of this little tidbit

"odds of this combination of names being found in the tomb are approx. 600-1"

then I read another line later where it says they've found a thousand of these tombs -

so the odds are another 200 and we'll see another set of names like this - LOL -

that and the fact James isn't there and the James Ossurary has been determined to be a forgery makes me think this was just someone else's tomb -

entertaining read though - gets the blood pumping - and local residents are excited cause they think Christians will wanna move in next door - uh, if they think it's real, they'll probably never care, and if not, why would you want to live next to a 1st century tomb?

ah well - good stuff - it was a slow weekend -

rb

Duke
02-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I'm not too hopeful of this being any sort of a convincing argument.

If I were to guess, I'd say that they'll use the probability argument to show that it's indeed his tomb, and the DNA will only be used to show that the people in there are related to each other.

Perhaps the Mary DNA is perfect, so they could use that to verify that it's her.

Or, they could match the Jesus DNA to the Shroud of Turin!

revots33
02-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I hope this is more exciting than when Giraldo found Al Capone's vault.

madnak
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. The odds of these names being found on any tomb coincidentally are 600:1.

whiskeytown
02-26-2007, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. The odds of these names being found on any tomb coincidentally are 600:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless, it's a forgery, which is likely since it's been ignored by the mainstream archologists since 1980 -

at which point meh

rb

madnak
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Although I'd very much like to say the find is very significant and disproves the whole story, it really isn't and doesn't. Another nail in the coffin, nothing more. But making a documentary about it is a bit much.

Still, religion gets by on cultural inertia, so I suppose there's nothing wrong with pushing back.