PDA

View Full Version : 25NL: Who likes this one ?

Kramer
02-25-2007, 12:24 PM
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.25
UTG+1: $58.63
CO: $94.81
Hero: $26.41
SB: $23.80
BB: $3.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($2.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $25.41</font>, UTG+1 calls.
UTG+1 : 45/30/6 over 150 hands

He was raising a ton and got lucky in 2 big pots where he caught his only out on the river.
I've reraised him a few times and he folded.
Who likes coins ?
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

avfletch
02-25-2007, 12:27 PM
How would you play hands like 33/QJ in this spot?

Mal_Pais
02-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I'd like a flop raise of $6.5 -$7 better.

Kramer
02-25-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If he calls and bets again on the turn , what is the plan ?

ADK
02-25-2007, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

push if you hit, and depending on betsize.. i'd sometimes fold.

ADK
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it were me.. insta call.

barryc83
02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold if he prices you out and call if he bets small enough to price you in. Most of the time when you raise in position here, the guys gonna check the turn, so when you miss you can see a free river.

avfletch
02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean if you were hero on this flop? I do hope you wouldn't slow play top two or bottom set on a 2 flush board with 2 high cards.

Mal_Pais
02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Here's your read:

[ QUOTE ]
I've reraised him a few times and he folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this in mind, raise the flop.

If he calls, we blank, and he leads the turn, its easy to figure out our odds with a 12-outer.

ADK
02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean if you were hero on this flop? I do hope you wouldn't slow play top two or bottom set on a 2 flush board with 2 high cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean if i was hero and i knew he had QJ or 33, or if i was hero with 33,or QJ?

If i had 33, or QJ, and i was re-raised on the flop. i'd push. If i knew he had QJ or 33, i'd either fold or call his flop bet and see what the turn brings, depending on reads ofc

avfletch
02-25-2007, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean if i was hero and i knew he had QJ or 33, or if i was hero with 33,or QJ?

If i had 33, or QJ, and i was re-raised on the flop. i'd push. If i knew he had QJ or 33, i'd either fold or call his flop bet and see what the turn brings, depending on reads ofc

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean you are hero and instead of 98s you have 33 or QJ. Villain leads for $2, what do you do?

VPIP100
02-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I reraise, shoving is not that good with your history.

ADK
02-25-2007, 12:58 PM
yes i'd re-raise here also. but if i lead out and he re-raised me, then i'd push, that is what i meant /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kramer
02-25-2007, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've reraised him PF .
This was my first time on the FLOP.
Meah ... not a great move but he called with AK and I was 51-49 to win.

barryc83
02-25-2007, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've reraised him PF .
This was my first time on the FLOP.
Meah ... not a great move but he called with AK and I was 51-49 to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL make a note that hes horrible.

KriStuS
02-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't call preflop. To call with hands like this we want to be upp against tight players (and therfore have good implied odds, if we hit we have a good opportunity to stack them). Against loose players we have worse implied odds, because they have worse hands. If it's a maniac who can't fold hands it's another story.

Against this player I fold or reraise preflop (if he had folded to preflop raises in the past, why shouldn't he do it now?)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

avfletch
02-25-2007, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't call preflop. To call with hands like this we want to be upp against tight players (and therfore have good implied odds, if we hit we have a good opportunity to stack them). Against loose players we have worse implied odds, because they have worse hands. If it's a maniac who can't fold hands it's another story.

Against this player I fold or reraise preflop (if he had folded to preflop raises in the past, why shouldn't he do it now?)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I find it is better to be up against weaker players who will fold too much rather than specifically tight or loose players. We're not likely to get odds for any draws we flop so we want our fold equity increased for when we push draws like this.

KriStuS
02-25-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I find it is better to be up against weaker players who will fold too much rather than specifically tight or loose players. We're not likely to get odds for any draws we flop so we want our fold equity increased for when we push draws like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, you got a good point there. But what about small and middle pocket pairs? With them my reasoning from above should be correct?

avfletch
02-25-2007, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, you got a good point there. But what about small and middle pocket pairs? With them my reasoning from above should be correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I'm after a player who will go to far with marginal holdings when I play small pocket pairs. About the only way we are going to win with them is to hit a set and when we do we want to get paid off big.

You make a good point in that a tight players range is smaller so the big premium hands that he'll never let go of make up more of his range but most hands needs some help from the flop so it's more important to me to know that when he gets some help he's carrying on past the point where he should.

KriStuS
02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
On point again avfletch. Thank you for aswering!