PDA

View Full Version : 25NL : A8s and a 3 way pot

Kramer
02-25-2007, 07:31 AM
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $23.70
UTG+1: $19.30
CO: $8.54
Button: $27.13
Hero: $25.75
BB: $6.51

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero ??</font>

How would you play from here ?

BB -retard muppet.Will call bets with any 2 cards.
Same guy in the JJ hand I posted early.

UTG-65/5 over a small samle so I don't know what he could have

Sweir
02-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Bet ~$0.7. On a rainbow flop I would probably c/c. Try to get to SD cheap without letting someone out draw you is basically the plan.

corsakh
02-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Yep. Perhaps bet $.7 and check call one street.

matrix
02-25-2007, 07:53 AM
pot flop.

A8 is the "crossover" kicker - i.e. there are more kickers that lose to it than there are kickers that beat it - and at 25NL people *love* to play any Ace preflop especially 65/5's

assuming you get called:

/images/graemlins/club.gif turn lead again - but shutdown if called/raised

Ace turn check and call - plan to check river again and induce a bluff - noone calls bets on a double A paired boards without an Ace and I'd wanna keep the pot smaller as we have kicker issues(tho I'm obv calling down as our kicker beats slightly more hands than it loses to) but if it's checked to the river often you'll snare a modest bluff bet from hands that won't call a value bet. If an ace does drop we're rooting for a broadway card to hit the river - if it's an undercard to our kicker thats not good news cos it means that more kickers now beat us than lose to us.

Brick turn - lead again for 2/3 pot for value - plan to check call a smallish river bet - check fold to a big river bet cos then it's likely you're beat.

non /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 turn - value bet 2/3 turn and value bet 1/2 pot any river

If you get raised at any point just toss it unless you improve cos you are almost always beat.

What will usually happen I think is you lead flop and get called - a brick drops on the turn and everyone folds to your value bet...

Kramer
02-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero ?</font>

C/C or lead out again ?

PS: Matrix was faster /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kramer
02-25-2007, 08:10 AM
First I wanted to C/C on the turn if any A hits but then I decided to bet .(not a great move)

<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.4</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10.2, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $3.11</font>, UTG+
1 calls, Hero calls.

Anyway shorty won with something sooted and UTG+1 had KK
I think I played the turn and river bad
I think what matrix said would have been the best line.
10x man
Question:
On the river shorty will be all in a lot of times and if UTG+1 just calls will you call ?
We get good odds but we are beat about every time.

corsakh
02-25-2007, 08:13 AM
There are 5 aces you beat and 6 aces you loose to. A high card, jack or a 4 are good cards for you, but proceed with cautious. Lead for 2.25 and check/call any river unless they both call and a club comes.

matrix
02-25-2007, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
noone calls bets on a double A paired boards without an Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bets $2.4, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.
Anyway shorty won with something sooted and UTG+1 had KK

[/ QUOTE ]

er clearly sometimes donks call without an Ace /images/graemlins/confused.gif

anyhow I min-raise the river and fold to a re-raise.

there are 2 players - and if I get called by UTG+1 and he loses I win a sidepot even if shorty beats me. If he doesn't call I don't lose anything extra - and if he calls and beats me - o well, he demonstrated this hand that he likes calling and I think trip Aces is often good vs his range here - I'd have a *really* hard time putting either of these clowns on a flush tbh.

tho just calling here is perfectly OK - we don't need to win the hand often to make it +EV.

wtf is UTG+1 doing this hand?????

note for UTG+1: VALUE BET ME I AM A TERRIBLE CALLING STATION

corsakh
02-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Mmm.. you see from this very hand that people call with a lot less than an ace on an ace paired board so you played it fine.

ADK
02-25-2007, 09:22 AM
I pot the flop here, try to get max value for your hand.. if he calls turn i'll check/fold the river.

edit: just noticed Ace on turn, i'll lead this out for a PSB, if he calls i'll sometimes check/call river or bet it out if the flush card didnt hit.